Super Carry Custom HD - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sonofagun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #1

Super Carry Custom HD

Hey guys and gals, I just bought this beauty from gunbroker and the first thing I notice upon inspection is the slide is not as tight as others I've handled. It's not terribly loose, but other kimbers are super tight compared to say a Taurus. Is this common with a custom shop gun? Thanks...
Sonofagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
Super Moderator

I've got a Super Carry Pro (steel/aluminum) not the HD (steel/steel) that's about a year old with approximately 3000 rounds through it that has been dry fired over 15,000 times and other then being smooth as a babies butt it's still tight. If you bought it new I'd say break it in and see how it shoots if you're unhappy with it after that give Kimbers customer service a call.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #3

Thank you. Will do...

Old 08-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #4

I've got an HD and there is no side to side movement in the slide.It's as tight as a drum.I think I would contact CS and get thier opinion.Good luck and keep us posted.
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #5

Anyone have experience sending their firearm back to Kimber? Now I'm wondering how long I'd be without it. God damn depressing thought...
Old 08-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #6
Super Moderator

From what I've read on other forums turn around time for Kimber is 6-8 weeks. Give customer service a call and see what they say but I'd still suggest putting a couple of hundred rounds through it to see how it's preforms before sending it back.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
From what I've read on other forums turn around time for Kimber is 6-8 weeks. Give customer service a call and see what they say but I'd still suggest putting a couple of hundred rounds through it to see how it's preforms before sending it back.
Gave them a call and the guy said we can evaluate it, if it's in spec it will come back the same and if not it'll come back in spec. He gave me some guidelines and I'm not convinced there's anything wrong. Someone else told me not to worry about slide fit to frame as much as barrel fit to bushing. If the barrel locks up snug "with enough room for oil" than it will perform and be accurate. I was instructed to put the barrel into battery and push down on the rear "barrel hood". If the barrel moves down than it is loose. Then stick a dowel in the front of the barrel and try to move it around. I conclude after trying these steps that the barrel is tight and I'll shoot on feeling more confident now that I have this info.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Sonofagun, if that doesn't sound like a plan I don't know what does. I'm looking forward to hearing how your trip to the range goes.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #9

Ok, back from the range. No problems. Upon resting on the table and really concentrating on accuracy I was able to punch the 2" black right out of the center of the targets at 10 yards repeatedly. No more complaints from me...Thanks Chuck!
Chuck43 likes this.

Last edited by Sonofagun; 08-11-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Sonofagun View Post
Ok, back from the range. No problems. Upon resting on the table and really concentrating on accuracy I was able to punch the 2" black right out of the center of the targets at 10 yards repeatedly. No more complaints from me...Thanks Chuck!
Sometimes you just have to have a little faith, I just love it when a plan comes together.

Search tags for this page
kimber custom super carry hd blog

kimber super carry custom hd

kimber super carry custom hd compared colts
kimber supper carry custom forum
? previous super carry custom hd
Click on a term to search for related topics.