Kimber Talk Forums banner

Tactical Pro II Threaded Barrel Options

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Zoomybaby 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a threaded barrel for my Tactical Pro II and was wondering if the Pro TLE™ II (TFS) barrel will fit in the Tactical Pro II?

Being that this is a bushingless pistol, I can't seem to find a threaded barrel for it.

#2 ·
Swapping barrels on a 1911 is not like a Glock. You cannot count on a drop in fit and it working. With that said, I would guess that Kimber would fit a threaded barrel to your pistol so that you had two barrels that would work. Or sending it to another quality 1911 gunsmith to have it done. Call Alchemy who have good reviews and quick turn around for a custom shop.

#4 ·
Webstrands,

Another welcome from Northern Illinois. I would not expect to find much in the way of TFS barrels for a bull-barrel pistol. These tend to be fitted to the slide and as such are not a 'drop-in', with the threads on the outside of a barrel making fitting a real pain. Mike240 is spot on, connect with a quality pistol-smith and see what they offer.

#5 ·
Thank you for your replies. I really love this pistol and would hate to break-in a new Pro TLE II, (TFS).

With that being said, I don't want to take the chance of improperly fitting a barrel to my pistol.

I guess the Pro TLE I'll be the way I'll go.

And thank you for your welcomes.

#6 ·
Thank you for your replies. I really love this pistol and would hate to break-in a new Pro TLE II, (TFS).
Feel free to send me the new Pro TLE II and 500 rounds of ammunition, I'll be glad to break in the gun and return it to you cleaned, lubed and ready to go. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.