The Kimber Spell - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2018, 11:43 AM   #1

The Kimber Spell

What is it about the Kimber that is so enticing. I have this UC II that I bought used, it was decent, but after a fresh coat of paint and some springs, its new again. I carry this gun daily, I love how it feels it just oozes quality. i've been looking at a Sig 1911, Springfield Loaded and a Rem 1911, but they all seemed run of the mill. Nothing was special no wow factors. Then I ran into a deal to get a CDPII, really didn't know much about it. but it just kept screaming at me. Not sure how it happened but my credit card flipped on the counter. The rest is history. I'm now the owner of a CDPII two tone. it's loaded with WOW factor. The sweetest one was that Sig, but Sig sure are proud of their guns. Not that the Kimber was cheap, but considering all what I get. It's as close to a custom 1911 as you can get. Guess I've been infected with Kimber disease.
Chuck43, Jflytle, DaVinci and 4 others like this.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-24-2018, 12:02 PM   #2

LMAO! "it kept screaming at me!" You sound like me.
The CDP Ultra was my first Kimber and it shares EDC with my RCP Ultra but CDP gets most of the work.
Chuck43, Jflytle and Rangers13 like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:32 PM   #3

Congratulations Einstein.
Chuck43 and 2sharp2 like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #4
Super Moderator

The first Ultra size Kimber I ever bought was the CDP II in .45 later added one in 9mm, they're almost a good as my Ultra Tactical.
2sharp2, Jflytle, JC45 and 1 others like this.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:00 PM   #5

It’s a slippery slope, and those Ultras are like tatter chips. Can’t have just one.
Chuck43 and 2sharp2 like this.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 02:05 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
What is it about the Kimber that is so enticing. I have this UC II that I bought used, it was decent, but after a fresh coat of paint and some springs, its new again. I carry this gun daily, I love how it feels it just oozes quality. i've been looking at a Sig 1911, Springfield Loaded and a Rem 1911, but they all seemed run of the mill. Nothing was special no wow factors. Then I ran into a deal to get a CDPII, really didn't know much about it. but it just kept screaming at me. Not sure how it happened but my credit card flipped on the counter. The rest is history. I'm now the owner of a CDPII two tone. it's loaded with WOW factor. The sweetest one was that Sig, but Sig sure are proud of their guns. Not that the Kimber was cheap, but considering all what I get. It's as close to a custom 1911 as you can get. Guess I've been infected with Kimber disease.

It is happening to me to Einstein. Every time I go shoot I go into the gun shop and my body just take me right to the Kimber display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck43 and Jflytle like this.
Rangers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 04:41 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rangers13 View Post
It is happening to me to Einstein. Every time I go shoot I go into the gun shop and my body just take me right to the Kimber display.

Look at them at your local gun shop but buy them on Gunbroker. The money you save on the first 4 will pay for the 5th one.
Jflytle, 427malibu and aqualungs like this.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:34 PM   #8

Perfect timing

Just came over to post this -- it's SO TRUE!

You buy a gun for what seem to a perfectly good reason at the time. Then you see another that suits your purposes better, so you buy that. And then one you maybe don't really *need*, but it strikes you fancy. And then you trade the first one for a different one. And then [some time elapses] you're one of those "nuts" the media blithers about, who owns a dozen guns and "hundreds of bullets."

And for the love of God, don't ever buy a gun of any kind that was made in Russia, or anything labeled "1911". Such firearms reproduce by fission in the darkness of your gun safe, and suddenly you have guns you have no memory of buying…
Man I WISH my 1911's were doin' the dirty in the gun safe! I'd welcome alllll the puppies they threw! Welcome home, babies!

Anyway, that quote is a comment at a REALLY good blog entry over here:
The 2nd Amendment is Obsolete, Says Congressman Who Wants To Nuke Omaha | Monster Hunter Nation

S'pose some of y'all know who Larry Correia is? If not, catch up!

Here's his all-time bar-none bestest blog entry ever!!

http://monsterhunternation.com/2015/...ontrol-repost/
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:48 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Look at them at your local gun shop but buy them on Gunbroker. The money you save on the first 4 will pay for the 5th one.

Thank you. I learned from This forum to use gun broker. I have bought 2 already from them and working on my 3rd. In NJ you have to get your pistol purchase permits and they will only give you 3 at a time. Then after you purchase one you have to wait 30 days to get another.

Chuck43 and Markie like this.
Rangers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:43 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Rangers13 View Post
Thank you. I learned from This forum to use gun broker. I have bought 2 already from them and working on my 3rd. In NJ you have to get your pistol purchase permits and they will only give you 3 at a time. Then after you purchase one you have to wait 30 days to get another.

Man that sucks. Free Tennessee. I think I have bought 3 in the same day but I know I have bought 2 on the same day and 1 the next day.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308