New Super carry - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #1

New Super carry

Well, I did it. Got my new Super Carry ultra yesterday and am really excited to give it a try. After seeing that gun, I had to have it and I can say I am really pleased with how it looks and feels. The rest remains to be seen after some range time.
Daviscc is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #2

I have an Super Carry Ultra Plus. I had a few minor issues but after a tune up, it runs like a fine Swiss watch. Do the break in and then be prepared to love that pistol. It is a great weapon.

Last edited by Nellybelle; 10-20-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
Super Moderator

I have the Super Carry Pro, it was hard deciding between the ultra and the pro, I love they way they fit my hand. Nellybelle gave you some good advice, follow the break in instructions in the owners manual. I think most complaints come from guys that failed to follow the break in procedure.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #4

I have a Super Carry Custom HD.A fine firearm in my opinion.I would tell you the same as Nellybelle and Chuck,follow your breakin instructions and you will be fine.Good luck!
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #5

I expected to have plenty of break in problems with my Super Carry Custom HD. I guess I had spent too much time listening to the haters. I now have a little over 2,000 rounds through it, and have NEVER had a malfunction of ANY kind. I actually didn't notice any differences from break-in to broke-in, because the gun has been flawless from the very first round. Here's hoping you have similar luck, but if not, be patient, show it some range love, and you may just make a friend for life.
farruggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #6

Thanks for the encouragement

I really don't expect any problems and if I do it will be a first . I have three other 1911's and other model pistols and have really never had any problems with any of them. I FL'd her real good today and am ready to hit the range. I was waiting on that clever little take down tool (plastic one) and it worked like a charm.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #7

What holster?

Which brand/model holster do you recommend for carry. I want to carry on the outside. This has probably been discussed somewhere else but would appreciate your input.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:58 AM   #8

Beautiful weapon. I think my next one will be a Pro Carry +. For outside the belt, try a DeSantis mini slide. Small, good fit, great retention and not frills.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never has been and never will be. T Jefferson
pbsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #9

As to a belt holster, I prefer a leather Askins. Mine is a Blackhawk, but any of the big guys (Bianchi, Galco, etc) make one. Will fit all size 1911's and can be worn in the small of back or cross draw.
Harleystoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #10

No JOY!!

It has rained, the wind has been blowing 30 MPH, and there is always something else that needs to be done. I have yet to fire my new Super Carry and I am really getting annoyed. Now, the weather man says the next few days are crap with rain and wind and temp is going to drop into the 40's. Carma is kicking my butt for some reason. Maybe my wife found out about my new love.

Search tags for this page
is kimber super carry ultra any good

kimber super carry custom forum

kimber super carry pro forum
kimber super carry pro problems
kimber super carry ultra forums

kimber super carry ultra problems

kimber takedown tool
Click on a term to search for related topics.