Kimber Talk Forums banner

Picked up this beauty today!

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  WH1 
#1 ·
This is my belated anniversary present from the wife.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
The guys are right. I didn't think I'd like the two-tone finish when I first saw it.

As I read the posts, I looked more at and more at the pictures. They reminded me of something.

I had just speared my second mammoth of the afternoon, and Grog said he he didn't want to go back to the cave right away. It was something about his MIL's temper and this brand new fad of obsidian chipped knives she created.

Grog asked me to join him for "IPSC."

I asked him, "Well, how much "IP" do I have to eat before I get sick?"

Grog laughed, "It's a crazy sport--we don't shoot at real mammoths, just pictures of mammoths. You only shoot the ones with tusks, if you shoot a female, they deduct points. And get this, we use two-tone obsidian."

Now it was my turn to laugh, "IPSC, heh? It will never catch on..."

But the joke was on me. IPSC did catch on, and every pistol there in the 1970s and 80s was a two toned one like that. But there was a reason.

A plated receiver wouldn't rust as easy when exposed to the sweaty hands of focused competition. The blue slides (with a more satin finished bluing) did not reflect sunlight from any direction.

Are you going to compete? I hear they don't call it "IPSC" anymore.

#12 ·
The guys are right. I didn't think I'd like the two-tone finish when I first saw it.

As I read the posts, I looked more at and more at the pictures. They reminded me of something.

I had just speared my second mammoth of the afternoon, and Grog said he he didn't want to go back to the cave right away. It was something about his MIL's temper and this brand new fad of obsidian chipped knives she created.

Grog asked me to join him for "IPSC."

I asked him, "Well, how much "IP" do I have to eat before I get sick?"

Grog laughed, "It's a crazy sport--we don't shoot at real mammoths, just pictures of mammoths. You only shoot the ones with tusks, if you shoot a female, they deduct points. And get this, we use two-tone obsidian."

Now it was my turn to laugh, "IPSC, heh? It will never catch on..."

But the joke was on me. IPSC did catch on, and every pistol there in the 1970s and 80s was a two toned one like that. But there was a reason.

A plated received wouldn't rust as easy when exposed to the sweaty hands of focused competition. The blue slides (with a more satin finished bluing) did not reflect sunlight from any direction.

Are you going to compete? I hear they don't call it "IPSC" anymore.
I'm invited to a Marine Corps League shoot in the next couple of months, I'm definitely taking the kimber to try it out in competition style shooting.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
That's awesome anytime a wife buys a firearm for husband and yes she's a keeper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.