Kimber SIS - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #1

Kimber SIS

In the last few years, I've researched the SIS family of Kimbers. Presently have 2 Pro's and an Ultra.
The Pro's are like new, and when first fired, the slide would lock up every couple of rounds and it shot to the left. With further research this jamming seemed to be characteristic of the SIS series. Called Kimber and they shipped me free of charge a new slide stop. They also told me that I needed a $700 tool to adjust the rear sight (I had whacked on it with a large brass punch and had not budged it).
Went to a gun shop and had the rear sight moved, and put the new slide stop in. Took the pistol out last weekend and it shot smooth. Not one hangup, all rounds dead on, and no 500 rd break-in. And NO series '80s firing pin blocks.
I love my SIS.
Harleystoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #2

Glad you got it worked out. I have a Super Carry Ultra Plus, Same problem with the slide stop. Kimber also sent me one and said some were "Out of Tolerance". Mine worked fine after I replaced the slide stop.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #3

Originally Posted by Harleystoo View Post
In the last few years, I've researched the SIS family of Kimbers. Presently have 2 Pro's and an Ultra.
The Pro's are like new, and when first fired, the slide would lock up every couple of rounds and it shot to the left. With further research this jamming seemed to be characteristic of the SIS series. Called Kimber and they shipped me free of charge a new slide stop. They also told me that I needed a $700 tool to adjust the rear sight (I had whacked on it with a large brass punch and had not budged it).
Went to a gun shop and had the rear sight moved, and put the new slide stop in. Took the pistol out last weekend and it shot smooth. Not one hangup, all rounds dead on, and no 500 rd break-in. And NO series '80s firing pin blocks.
I love my SIS.
Did the gun shop have a caliper to measure the distance it moved your sights? Just curious if they had a method or "just knew" how far to adjust it based on what you told them. thanks.
wsucougs8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
1911 forum sis
are kimber super carry ultras series 80s
kimber sis
kimber sis family

kimber sis forum

kimber sis pro

kimber sis pro 2014
what are the two variations of the kimber sis 1911
Click on a term to search for related topics.