Bulk 9 mm ammo - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2019, 11:15 AM   #1

Bulk 9 mm ammo

Have my very first ever 9 mm on the way to me, story to follow when it arrives, so Iím looking for ammo for it. Looks like in order to get free shipping I have to buy 1000 rounds which is fine however I would like to also buy 50/100 rounds of personal defense ammo and include it in the free shipping ammo.
Iím unable to find a place that does that. Any help here?
Thanks.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #2

Can't be of much help with the bulk ammo buy, but save all those onece-fired cases, as there may be a Dillon RL550 in your future.

Mine cranks out almost 500/hr, more with a helper, and the cost (after amortization) per round runs about $0.15. Being retired, time is not a factor for me.

Not for everyone, but if you feel this may be viable, look no further than Dillon....best CS I've ever experienced too.

Great pastime during rainy days and/or winter. Good luck on the bulk ammo buy.
Rick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:24 PM   #3

Ammo Depot Ö offers free shipping on all orders over $250.00. That's pretty easy to hit with a bulk box of 9mm FMJ and few boxes of JHPs. I've bought from them before with no issues and fair prices.

I've also got really good case prices from Natchez but the best were around the holidays Ö Black Friday (Nov) thru Jan 1. You really have to shop around the net for the best prices. I stocked up pretty heavy when the Federal rebates were on... found sale/clearance prices + free shipping + rebates. I'm loaded Ö
Wingnut likes this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2019, 03:24 PM   #4

Luckygunner.com https://www.luckygunner.com, and sgammo https://www.sgammo.com/best-ammo-brands-around-world offer free shipping periodically for bulk, and have great prices, but right now Brownell's orders over $49 are free shippinghttps://www.brownells.com
Wingnut likes this.

Last edited by Bigdog; 05-14-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:37 PM   #5

Grab A Gun charges $12.99 for shipping no matter how much you buy. They have some pretty good prices on ammo so it offsets the $12.99. I have placed a few orders and shipping was very fast.
Wingnut likes this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:00 PM   #6

Thanks guys. I bought a thousand rounds from LAX ammo and included 100 rounds of their personal defense rounds as a first time buyer they offered free shipping. I’ll be looking into the other manufactures that you mentioned next order.
RustyIron and Rick in Oregon like this.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:16 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Have my very first ever 9 mm on the way to me, story to follow when it arrives, so Iím looking for ammo for it. Looks like in order to get free shipping I have to buy 1000 rounds which is fine however I would like to also buy 50/100 rounds of personal defense ammo and include it in the free shipping ammo.
Iím unable to find a place that does that. Any help here?
Thanks.

I buy all my ammo from SGammo.com It is a mom and pop operated out of OK. They charge reasonable shipping and once you figure in the shipping they are always very close to the cheapest if not the cheapest. I have never had them NOT ship my order the next day. I don't even look anywhere else anymore....

YMMV

Lon
Bigdog and Wingnut like this.
Teufelhunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:32 AM   #8

Originally Posted by Rick in Oregon View Post
Can't be of much help with the bulk ammo buy, but save all those onece-fired cases, as there may be a Dillon RL550 in your future.

Mine cranks out almost 500/hr, more with a helper, and the cost (after amortization) per round runs about $0.15. Being retired, time is not a factor for me.

Not for everyone, but if you feel this may be viable, look no further than Dillon....best CS I've ever experienced too.

Great pastime during rainy days and/or winter. Good luck on the bulk ammo buy.
Thatís quite the shop you have there Rick. Iím also retired but tend to stay pretty busy, what is this winter you speak of.
The indoor ranges we city dwellers have to use all insist we use brand new ammo and when the brass hits the floor itís theirs. Essentially we have to buy all our ammo. Iím envious of you guys that can just drive out and shoot. While I grew up doing that those days are over for most of Florida.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:49 AM   #9

I know you placed your order with LAX ammo, but here is another one that has good prices and occasionally free shipping. https://www.targetsportsusa.comFactory brand name ammo in 124 gr., which is what I mostly shoot at the range, averages between 18 and 20 cents/round ($180 to $200/1000). I don't do private brand (like LAX or Freedom Munitions anymore).I'd rather have a big name manufacturer load if I ever had a problem.

I also stay away from WWB, because I find it dirtier and less consistent than some others.
cousinmark and Wingnut like this.

Last edited by Bigdog; 05-15-2019 at 04:53 AM.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:56 AM   #10

I used to reload 9mm practice ammo but prices have become so low its not worth it. Last case I bought was AE Fed 124gr FMJ $140 delivered from Palmetto after Fed rebates.

In addition to what has already been mentioned, if Massammo sells SD ammo you use, keep an eye out for sales and new inventory (out of stock often). Last time I purchased Fed HST 124gr 5 X 50rd boxes for $112.50 delivered.
cousinmark and Wingnut like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote