Aegis/KHX Optics Recall - Page 3 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2019, 12:20 PM   #21

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
Hopefully Kimber does something for everyone who is waiting.
I was remiss in failing to mention that that nice lady at Kimber CS is sending me two Kimber SS 9mm 9-round magazines to "ease the pain" (her call, not mine).

So "yes", it appears they do indeed care about our feelings as this clearly shows. They get my vote for great CS, despite this inconvenient recall. What more could they do? Besides, I know that everyone here that has been affected by this recall has other handguns to shoot......I'll bet on that!
2sharp2, JC45, PaulWVa and 2 others like this.
Rick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-27-2019, 12:47 PM   #22

Never underestimate the influence of the customer. Polite respectful customers likely to get treated the same.
2sharp2, Tejun, JC45 and 2 others like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:42 PM   #23

Contacted CS via email yesterday, they shot back a reply that it will be 2 to 3 weeks. That’s not bad if true. I have no idea how many have been sent back, but the list of serial numbers is LONG. I only heard about the recall by accident while poking around in the different forums here. I am not the original owner, and I doubt that he registered it with kimber. I suppose there are a lot of guns out there in the same boat.
Lesau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2019, 04:35 AM   #24

Oh boy... Still waiting for my slide to come back. Anyone else waiting? It's been 7 weeks since I've sent mine in... Anyone else waiting this long?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
nmanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #25

Seven weeks to the day today since it went off to the Mothership.

An email sent by Kimber CS 6/24 told me it would be another 3-4 weeks, which would put delivery back home on or about the first of August.

Relax gents, our slides will come back when they do. This is much more inconvenient to Kimber than to us, and as such, they're trying their best. As I mentioned earlier, I'd bet we ALL have other handguns to shoot. (And if not, it's time to buy one! )
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:30 PM   #26

Originally Posted by Rick in Oregon View Post

Relax gents, our slides will come back when they do. This is much more inconvenient to Kimber than to us, and as such, they're trying their best. As I mentioned earlier, I'd bet we ALL have other handguns to shoot. (And if not, it's time to buy one! )
You are so right Rick. I'm itching to get it back only because I had it for 1 week before the recall.

Kimber's customer service is awesome. I know they are doing their best.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
nmanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:34 AM   #27

Good luck on the turnaround time. They originally said 2-3 weeks. They've had mine for 43 days and the word from Customer Service is they they are still "testing" solutions and have not started repairs on the Aegis. They are satisfied with the KHX fix and are starting to repair them. If you call you get the "we are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible but providing a quality solution is our priority. It may be another 2 - 3 weeks before your recall solution is completed". In other words, we aren't done yet, don't bother us.

Tactical Ultra .45 ACP
Ultra Carry SS 9mm
Ultra Raptor .45 ACP
Raptor Pro SS 9mm
TLE Pro SS 45 ACP
Micro 9 SS
Aegis Pro SS Elite 9mm

?? Who knows what's next.
tndlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:24 AM   #28

Three months... that's a long time. That length of time makes me suspect the mounting plate is being replaced and been waiting to be machined and/or machining and refinishing the slide.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:37 PM   #29

Okay, this just in from the nice lady supervisor at Kimber CS regarding my two questions: "What is the actual "fix" for the optics plate, and when can I expect to see my slide again." Here's her response:

"We are actually modifying both the slide and the optic plates. Unfortunately the Aegis was in the testing phase until just this week, but we are hoping to ship them out by the end of the month. I apologize for the delay and we greatly appreciate your patience."

So again, it appears that Kimber is doing what they can as soon as they can to remedy this apparent defect and make it right. Personally, as long as the complete assembly works as advertised and is returned in a reasonable amount of time, I'm good with that. At least they recognized they had an issue and did the right thing. A reputation is a very valuable asset.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #30

I don't see how these can last on any slide.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
kimber aegis elite custom oi recall

kimber optics ready recall turn around time

Click on a term to search for related topics.