7/8 PRO CDPII 9mm :-) - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2019, 02:39 PM   #1

7/8 PRO CDPII 9mm :-)

I know I've been lovin' on my CZs around here as of late. What can I say, nice plump grips and decockers... They are sexy pistols...
Today I decided to have some fun with my 4" Kimber. I have to say she's still the "Belle Of The Ball" :-) I ran 50 Fiocchi 115gr FMJ and 50 S&B 124gr FMJ through 2 Kimber 9 round magazines and 3 Wilson Combat 10 rounders. As usual there were zero issues with her, "The Sweetheart Of The Rodeo" :-)
...target was at 7 yards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2014.jpg (1.97 MB, 8 views)
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-08-2019, 05:03 PM   #2

Very nice! I am still undecided on the idea of a 1911 in 9mm...lotsa people love them though.
cousinmark likes this.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
KCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:13 PM   #3

Originally Posted by KCJeep View Post
Very nice! I am still undecided on the idea of a 1911 in 9mm...lotsa people love them though.
I know right? It seems almost sacrilegious to even consider chambering a 1911 in 9 mm. But try it, you might like it.
I really enjoy shooting my 9 mm Defender. Makes double taps really fast and accurate. In fact, do I dare say, I enjoy shooting the nine more than a 45.
You won't know until you try it.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:41 PM   #4

I have two full size, 5", 1911s in 9mm and I love them both. A Kimber T-2 and a Colt Competition Model. Cheaper to shoot and easier on older hands and fingers. I still shoot my .45s but the 9s are really sweet shooters. Bought a bunch of 10rd, Chip McCormick mags and lots of FMJ ammo. Great for range days!

I can't really speak to any of the little 1911 actions I tend to stick with the adult size....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Silver guns 004.JPG (1.75 MB, 3 views)
cousinmark likes this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:05 PM   #5

Nice shooter and nice shootin'!
cousinmark likes this.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:26 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
I know right? It seems almost sacrilegious to even consider chambering a 1911 in 9 mm. But try it, you might like it.
I really enjoy shooting my 9 mm Defender. Makes double taps really fast and accurate. In fact, do I dare say, I enjoy shooting the nine more than a 45.
You won't know until you try it.
Yup, those sights do seem to get back on the money a bunch faster... It seems to me in my limited experience with .45ACP there's a considerably less problematic muzzle flash with 9mm too? Unless of course you like muzzle flash? If you do I'll go ahead and recommend the Fiocchi 115gr FMJ, says 1200fps on the box and throws a FLAME :-)
Old 07-08-2019, 08:34 PM   #7

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
. Unless of course you like muzzle flash? :-)
Cuz if you really want to see a 9mm fireball pick up a box of Liberty Civil Defense 9mm, 50grn bullet, 2000 FPS! Then shoot them out of your micro or sub compact. I was getting that "halo" fire ring at the muzzle of my little Sig sc . really impressive.
cousinmark likes this.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:18 PM   #8

Oh, I'll take a pass on the 2k fps 9mm and it's flash Paul. I fall in the less is more camp on the muzzle flash. It's funny, I've found the Fiocchi 124gr FMJ to be fine? Virtually no flash in daylight and on the clean side residue wise? Maybe they use a different powder in the 115gr?
PaulWVa likes this.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:36 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
In fact, do I dare say, I enjoy shooting the nine more than a 45.
Pinko communist!!! .45's are better because red blooded American heros shoot them. 9mm's are shot by scrawny little cheese-eating foreigners.

But to be truthful, when I dump a magazine of .45's onto target, the group is big and not super fast. When unloading a similar 9mm, the group is much smaller, much faster, and there are more holes when I'm done.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:12 PM   #10

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
Oh, I'll take a pass on the 2k fps 9mm and it's flash Paul. I fall in the less is more camp on the muzzle flash.
I agree for sure. It's one of the reasons I've been buying more of the Sig ammo, both FMJ and HP. Low flash and really clean. Runs great in all my autos and the revolver stuff is highly accurate. I found some good case prices around the holidays.
cousinmark and KCJeep like this.