I'm so weak! :D - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: The land of the free
Posts: 42
I'm so weak! :D

So I was wandering BassPro and noticed a Custom hiding on the bottom shelf with a clearance tag on it... Took a peek at it and fell in love! What caught my eye? A Warrior SOC! Has all the goodies like a coyote tan Crimson Trace Master Rail laser, a melt job, the low pro night sights, VZ Grips, ALL steel construction (a personal fetish but I don't bash my alloy frames), has a cool duo tone Kimboleum paint job, and is a Series I! There is some "battle" wear (which I kind of like!) from all the handling (That poor crimson trace's tan cerokote is beat like a redheaded step child but it works fine!) and they gave me just shy of 33% off so I am a happy boy!!!


P.S. What's up with the lanyard loop? Is that still a thing?

Last edited by nikonnut; 08-25-2019 at 06:20 PM.
nikonnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-25-2019, 06:11 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
0311B50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
NIIIICCEE!!


The Founding Fathers would have been shooting decades ago.
nikonnut likes this.
0311B50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:41 PM   #3
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,570
Nice score nikonnut and if your like me (can't stand laser grips) you can sell them making the cost of the gun even cheaper.
nikonnut likes this.
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 08-25-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: The land of the free
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Nice score nikonnut and if your like me (can't stand laser grips) you can sell them making the cost of the gun even cheaper.
Thank you, Chuck! My name is Chris BTW. I'm torn on the whole laser thing to. Worst case I'll pop if off and throw it in my parts box!
Chuck43 likes this.
nikonnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:07 PM   #5
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,570
Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
Thank you, Chuck! My name is Chris BTW. I'm torn on the whole laser thing to. Worst case I'll pop if off and throw it in my parts box!

JMHO on this, if they work or you hooah, if not why hang on to them when you can sell them for a couple of hundred dollars? I got a super deal on a Sig 1911 C3 with a set of CT laser grips. Maybe because I'm old school I found myself chasing the dot and shot worse then ever with them. I gave them to my son who had been shooting 1911's for 30 years and he thanked me. Shortly there after I got them back, he said he never shot worse then he did with them. In the long run if they work, keep them on the gun. If they don't, sell them as new and use the money to invest in ammo.
nikonnut likes this.
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:19 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: The land of the free
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
JMHO on this, if they work or you hooah, if not why hang on to them when you can sell them for a couple of hundred dollars? I got a super deal on a Sig 1911 C3 with a set of CT laser grips. Maybe because I'm old school I found myself chasing the dot and shot worse then ever with them. I gave them to my son who had been shooting 1911's for 30 years and he thanked me. Shortly there after I got them back, he said he never shot worse then he did with them. In the long run if they work, keep them on the gun. If they don't, sell them as new and use the money to invest in ammo.
No argument! This is the rail mounted laser and retails for $99.00 new so I doubt it's worth much with no finish left! Might give it a go for hog hunting!
nikonnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:31 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Bish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 511
Super sharp. Nice grab!!!
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:06 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: The land of the free
Posts: 42
Update... The laser does indeed suck! I swear point of aim changes every time I pull the trigger (probably been bashed hard a few times) so it's got to go! Maybe a nice flashlight in its place?
nikonnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:33 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Maineiac64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 742
Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
Update... The laser does indeed suck! I swear point of aim changes every time I pull the trigger (probably been bashed hard a few times) so it's got to go! Maybe a nice flashlight in its place?
It helps to use laser in conjunction with sights so you keep proper form, I believe this is one potential reason people have trouble with lasers, they get distracted and donít pay attention to good form. Happy shooting.
nikonnut likes this.
__________________
How much time and real effort are you dedicating to the people and causes you truly care about?
Maineiac64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:54 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: The land of the free
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by Maineiac64 View Post
It helps to use laser in conjunction with sights so you keep proper form, I believe this is one potential reason people have trouble with lasers, they get distracted and donít pay attention to good form. Happy shooting.
I'll be giving it another try. A quick check revealed that the rail clamp screws were not even tight. Go figure
Bish likes this.
nikonnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Search tags for this page

crimson laser trace

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On