1st TmKimber/1911: HELP ME OUT PLZ!!! - Page 3 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #21

You asked....

Dump the grips and buy a set of OEM Rosewood like it came with. The comp looks good IMO, but I would never run one. I really have no need. It will not do anything for ME in a real life situation which is what I train for. I'm not a competitive shooter so some may argue.

Also not a fan of those sites. I prefer the white dots myself. I own two with out white dot. A Ruger Vaquero 8 1/2" barrel and my Ultra Carry II. Both have Iron sites.I did paint the front site white (just the face) and my accuracy with it improved enormously.

I paid $699 )COVID price) for my Custom II.
Custom II Two Tone
Sig Sauer P238
Ruger Vaquero .45LC, 8 1/2" barrel
Remington 11-87
Mossberg 930....with mods......
Ruger 10/22....with mods.....

Unfortunately they were all recently lost in a boating accident in the Gulf of Mexico.
T56impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-05-2020, 11:49 AM   #22

Dump the grips look at https://vzgrips.com and if you want the Custom II to function it's best install a Stan Chen SI magwell (https://vzgrips.com/products/chen-si...d-magwell.html)

Kimber Pro CDP 45acp
US ARMY Retired
OldGrey1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:11 PM   #23
Banned

@KimberC2.w.Comp.FSFT, the important thing is if the firearm fills your requirements. Whenever you customize something (for me it was Harley motorcycles) half the world will love you and the other half will hate you.

For me, the custom touches I use make the firearm more efficient as a defensive tool. I don't even take out the garbage unless I carry a Kimber something or other. However, if I wanted to build a "full custom," I might go even farther than you did.

Welcome to the forum. Jump into the next debate!
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2020, 04:11 PM   #24

...given: got the gun a really good price...
...questions: ...why did you trade for it? ...what were you thinking when you did the trade? ...is going to be a safe queen? ...if so, sell it or trade it... ...some of us go to the range and shoot weekly... ...if that's your intent, then clean the gun and go shoot it... ...were you wanting a race gun? ...if so, this ain't what I would have... ...in that I shoot single stack... ...are you just going to take pictures of it and show it to your friends? ...sell it or trade it...
Oklahomabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:20 PM   #25

This is a race gun...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg race-large.jpg (549.5 KB, 11 views)
ChattanoogaPhil likes this.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:32 PM   #26

Originally Posted by Oklahomabound View Post
...given: got the gun a really good price...
...questions: ...why did you trade for it? ...what were you thinking when you did the trade? ...is going to be a safe queen? ...if so, sell it or trade it... ...some of us go to the range and shoot weekly... ...if that's your intent, then clean the gun and go shoot it... ...were you wanting a race gun? ...if so, this ain't what I would have... ...in that I shoot single stack... ...are you just going to take pictures of it and show it to your friends? ...sell it or trade it...

I honestly originally got it bc of the money I would have in it. The ďCOVID FactorĒ here in NC is insane... I have also been wanting to try out a nice 1911 in .45acp for a while now...

But now..... I canít get it off my mind... While Iím at work I am just wishing I had it on my side... (company doesnít allow firearms in fleet vehicles) if Iím just chillin or whatever then I am googling parts or accessories just to see what all kinds of things one can do to a a Kimber 1911.

I love my 19... It is the first gun that Iíve ever ďbuiltĒ from total OEM. But it is kinda weird to try and go from know a lot about one gun to know shit about another lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oklahomabound likes this.
KimberC2.w.Comp.FSFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #27

...the compensator is good for me... ...I prefer G-10 grips, great variety to choose from... ...I do fiber optics on the front sight, if'n you're not going to mount a Vortex Venom on it... ...and the magwell mentioned above is a good addition...
Old 09-15-2020, 12:37 AM   #28

IMO... I think it looks fine. What really matters is how well it shoots and how reliabile it feeds. It could be full of cow doo-doo stains and scratched up with idiot marks, and it would be the most beautiful pistol in my eyes if the reliability and accuracy were 100%.

That being said, if the function is there, if you want to go full crazy and chuck the traditionalist "style" out the window, I might take the compensator off, toss on some uncoated skelotonized grips, grab a WC mag with the window, and let the brass cases show through... "Romeo and Juliet (1996)" Beretta92 style. Heck, it might even match the compensator.

Last edited by Scotty321; 09-15-2020 at 12:40 AM.
Scotty321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:15 PM   #29

Talking

I think the Silver Backs would look great on yours. Nice grips for $20. Quality at a price point that is hard to beat.
https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/closeout/co
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:12 AM   #30

Thanks for the link, Gambit - great deals on grips. Silverbacks on the way. In the true tradition of KT, you have been an enabler, and it has cost me, again.
2sharp2 and Jflytle like this.