New member needing advice, thank you all in advance!! : )) - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2020, 10:34 AM   #11

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
I can certainly understand sight preference, it's a significant issue for a lot of folks. What I don't understand is that regardless of manufacturing date why someone would purchase a gun then later demand the seller pay to change the sights.

As far as new guns / old stock, that's common with guns. Manufacturing date is usually not much of a consideration for most buyers of ordinary handguns. Model and specs are key.

There's an old adage that goes something like this: You get what you inspect, not what you expect. Gentlemen, inspect the gun prior to purchase. If it doesn't meet your criteria, don't purchase it.

I agree with Phil 110%. Phil the problem was Savroof had NO idea what features Kimber pistols had and he didn't research the features of any of them. He was in such a hurry he skipped or didn't listen to expert advice (JC found the exact Kimber, stainless Raptor Pro) he was wanting and at a great Covid price. Savroof let it get away. I don't think his gun shop screwed him...I think he screwed himself.
I think he should stop complaining and accept the VERY reasonable deal from Kimber of $50 bucks for new sights. I would jump on that.
As far as the magazine without "Kimber" on it, I've bought a couple Kimber's that the magazine was exactly like his...mine worked FINE. As a matter of fact I have some no name 40 year old magazines that I acquired way back in the day use'em in my old Colt 45 and they function perfectly in my Kimber's, they function the same as Wilson Combat mags the cost $40 bucks each.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-15-2020, 10:45 AM   #12

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
I agree with Phil 110%. Phil the problem was Savroof had NO idea what features Kimber pistols had and he didn't research the features of any of them. He was in such a hurry he skipped or didn't listen to expert advice (JC found the exact Kimber, stainless Raptor Pro) he was wanting and at a great Covid price. Savroof let it get away. I don't think his gun shop screwed him...I think he screwed himself.
I think he should stop complaining and accept the VERY reasonable deal from Kimber of $50 bucks for new sights. I would jump on that.
As far as the magazine without "Kimber" on it, I've bought a couple Kimber's that the magazine was exactly like his...mine worked FINE. As a matter of fact I have some no name 40 year old magazines that I acquired way back in the day use'em in my old Colt 45 and they function perfectly in my Kimber's, they function the same as Wilson Combat mags the cost $40 bucks each.
I was going to comment also but you posted much more eloquently than I am capable of.
When I realized that I wanted a Kimber I poured over all the pages in this Forum for close to a year before I purchased my Ultra II. I knew it was one of the cheaper models without all the bells and whistles but I got it at a very good price and it’s become my favorite EDC. Once purchased I then joined this Forum and am very thankful to have been accepted.
2sharp2 likes this.

Last edited by Wingnut; 09-15-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:14 AM   #13

Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
I was going to comment also but you posted much more eloquently than I am capable of.
When I realized that I wanted a Kimber I poured over all the pages in this Forum for close to a year before I purchased my Ultra II. I knew it was one of the cheaper models without all the bells and whistles but I got it at a very good price and itís become my favorite EDC. Once purchased I then joined this Forum and am very thankful to have been accepted.

Thanks Wingnut, I don't know about eloquently but hopefully it made sense.
I had wanted a Kimber for a LOOOONNGG time before I was able to buy one. I'm old school as you know and back in the day I would collect Kimber catalog's that were high quality shiny gloss paper. I would wear those out reading over and over making notes on paper and in my mind. I admit the exact model I wanted changed several times but I always knew I wanted the first to be some form of Ultra.
So for a long time my want/mind was stuck on Crimson Carry Ultra but I couldn't find one. Then a motorcycle riding friend of ours told me she had ended up with "2" CDP Ultra's. Normal story, she ordered a CDP, waited, waited, gave up then found one in a gun shop bought it then two weeks later got the call from the gun shop the one she ordered came in and she needed to pick it up. She sold me the original CDP she ordered for $975. It was not exactly what I thought I wanted but all I had to do was add Crimson Trace grips and it was good to go.
It's good to know what you want and what you are buying.
You did good.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2020, 07:18 AM   #14

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
I think he should stop complaining and accept the VERY reasonable deal from Kimber of $50 bucks for new sights.
Sounds like a Gebo 2.1 redo.

This forum is a great place to learn to avoid learning the hard way. Highly recommend it.
2sharp2, Wingnut and Oklahomabound like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote