Range results phase 2. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2016, 07:10 PM   #1

Range results phase 2.

Just wanted to let you all know my range results since my first trip in early January at which time I placed 100 down range. . Well I am at 300 rounds of Federal FmJ 124 grain 9mm so far and 50 rounds of 124 grain Federal HST JHP Not one single FAILURE TO FEED OR EJECT.

I clean the gun after each 100 rounds and grease the rails with Shooters Choice synthetic grease. I know the instructions say to not use grease but I have used that grease with my Sig P938 and P238 with not one single failure to feed or eject. I do oil all the other locations according to the owners manual.

However, I have polished the feed ramp to a mirror finish on all 3 guns. Maybe this is the reason for no failures but who knows.

Have a great day.
PCCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-22-2016, 07:20 PM   #2

...sounds like a keeper :-)

Hey, zero problems is good. If it ain't broke...
Glad she's running well.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:26 PM   #3

Glad to hear...I use some of that grease on my slide, no problems so far. I am in the process of breaking in my M and P Shield, 9MM.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2016, 08:15 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I'm glad to hear that your Ultra CDP II is running trouble free, I also have one in my collection and have never had a problem with it. If the gun wasn't giving you problems then I can't agree with your polishing the feed ramp, the only thing that accomplished was to void your factory warranty.
puppyboydave likes this.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:50 AM   #5

Cool Okay!!

Sounds to me like you are trying to say that your Kimber had a FAILURE TO FAIL!!!

The feed ramp polishing was probably totally unnecessary. However, look at the practice you got disassembling it!! If you did a passable job, it should cause no problems.

Shoot the hell out of it and have fun!! Above all, be safe!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:28 AM   #6

Having read hundreds of complaints about Kimber's failure to feed or eject on this site as well as many others, more often than not the solution by Kimber was to replace the mag and polish the feed ramp.

Since I polished the feed ramp before the first shot then we really don't know if it was totally unnecessary or not plus.

Well after 350 rounds ( not that many) I guess I didn't screw it up to bad since I have been polishing feed ramps for over 20 years.

But thank you for your constructive comments.
Cucamonga kid likes this.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:34 AM   #7

Kimber only offers a 1 year warranty it will hang on my side for most of that . If I was worried about a warranty I would have bought another Sig they are warrantied for life to the original owner. Heck its just a gun not a $60,000 dollar corvette where headers will void your warranty.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:55 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Kimbers published warranty is for 1 year but it's not unusual for them to cover guns well over a year old and in some cases even for second owners.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:38 AM   #9

I kinda like to mess around with my guns and if I can help somebody by me risking my warranty I really don't mind . I read a lot of material and watched a video by Wilson Combat of the benefits of ramp polishing. I guess it's just a hobby never really satisfied maybe I should grow up.

All my semi autos have polished feed ramps it's so easy a monkey could do it. No material is removed unlike Wilson Combat it's just a Dremel some jewelers compound and some Mothers metal polish ends up like a mirror.

I'm happy that Kimber will stand behind their work. There Guns are just beautiful I love mine. Heck I'm even screwing around with the Crossbreed IWB holster by removing the rivets, removing the Kydex lining the Kydex holster with Kangaroo leather, adding spacers and reinstalling the Kydex holster with black Chicago Screws.

It really protects the Kimpro ii finish.
Thanks again.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:45 AM   #10

Like Red Green once said; "if it ain't broke yer not tryin hard enough".
glokrok likes this.