Kimber Talk Forums banner

New 1911 owner

3K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  cousinmark 
#1 ·
Hi All,

New to the forum just stopped by to take a look around and ask questions when they come up. I never owned a 1911 before mostly S&W M&P's and Ruger Revolvers.

I recently picked up a Kimber 1911 Custom II Two Tone. I originally was going to purchase a Remington 1911 R1 but I seen the Kimber and fell in love. Not only did it look awesome! It was made in Yonkers, NY my Home Town! That little city stamp sealed the deal for me. Yeah it was a little more money but hey you get what you pay for right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Zoomr81, welcome to the site from Tennessee! Yes, the Two-Tone does make for a fine looking Kimber.

Clean, Lube, Enjoy before shooting.

Reactions: zoomr81
#8 ·
Nice Kimber ! I fell in love with the 1911 after shooting one. I now own 4, 3 are Kimbers. They can be some what addictive! By the way welcome to the forum from southern California, hope you stick around a lot of good people on this forum.

Reactions: zoomr81
#13 ·
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois zoomr81, I just added a Custom Two Tone to my collection on Tuesday. Be sure you clean and lube the gun before making your first range visit, use the recommended ammo for the break in period and you should be good to go.

Reactions: 2sharp2 and zoomr81
#23 ·
Went to the range this past weekend. First time I shot a .45 and first time with a 1911.

First 7 rounds were right on the money @ 10 yards!

Out of the box this firearm is pretty damn accurate. I am however unhappy with the blacked out sights. Probably going to replace them soon. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.