Kimber Talk Forums banner

Dry Fire Question

5K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Wrsjorel 
#1 ·
Hi,

I like using snap caps but hate chasing them around my room/garage after ejecting.

Of course I can load one snap cap and just pull back the trigger instead of racking the slide…right?

This wouldn't be dis-advised would it?

Thanks,

#2 ·
Hi,

I like using snap caps but hate chasing them around my room/garage after ejecting.

Of course I can load one snap cap and just pull back the hammer instead of racking the slide…right?

This wouldn't be dis-advised would it?

Thanks,

I pull the hammer back also.

#3 ·
You only need to pull the hammer back without the slide being moved unless you have a double action Kimber.

#10 · (Edited)
Well,

Mine's a new habit and it still seems like a good idea to absorb some of the energy somewhere.

I figure the snap cap kind of takes some of the impact off the hammer so it's not impacting the firing pin stop full force.

I've heard of hammers breaking…

That said I use a snap cap ~1/2 the time.

Thanks,

Hayduke

#11 ·
If you like using snap caps then get a LaserLyte .45 cartridge. Not only can you work on your trigger pull but it will show you if or how close you're hitting what your aiming at. Don't let the MSRP scare you, you can find them for a lot less if you do some shopping. Then you can go on and add a LaserLyte target and/or plinking cans, again they can be found a lot cheaper then the MSRP. I bought this for my kid for Christmas, of course I had to test it before wrapping it, I couldn't give the kid a defective present could I? I had so much fun with it I had to go back to Cabela's and buy another set for him.

#13 ·
"If you like using snap caps then get a LaserLyte .45 cartridge. Not only can you work on your trigger pull but it will show you if or how close you're hitting what your aiming at. Don't let the MSRP scare you, you can find them for a lot less if you do some shopping. Then you can go on and add a LaserLyte target and/or plinking cans, again they can be found a lot cheaper then the MSRP. I bought this for my kid for Christmas, of course I had to test it before wrapping it, I couldn't give the kid a defective present could I? I had so much fun with it I had to go back to Cabela's and buy another set for him.
Share"

Do you know if the crimson trace laser will trigger the laserlyte target?

#16 ·
Problem with using the CTC red laser is all you have to do is sweep the target and it will probably go off. Not much training there.

#18 ·
Did you use a ransom rest when adjusting your laser? Docs say it's supposed to be set for 50' but I'd like to bring it in a bit to a more defensive distance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.