NRA on Texas Open Carry - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Concealed Carry

Like Tree20Likes
  • 5 Post By PorscheVille
  • 10 Post By Chuck43
  • 2 Post By Chickadee
  • 2 Post By MPO Southy
  • 1 Post By Marshall
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Elidar73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 144
NRA on Texas Open Carry

NRA Calls Texas Open Carry Protests "Downright Weird" and "Just Not Neighborly" | Dallas Observer

Wow, when the NRA says your too far out there on guns...
__________________
If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving may not be for you...


The people of Dubai don't find the Flinstones funny, but the people of Abu Dhabi do.
Elidar73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
PorscheVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 1,013
It doesn't matter that you're more likely to be hit by lightening than be a victim in a mass shooting, every time one of these shootings happens the liberal media is all over it, showing the tearful pleas of the victim's parents. After the lonely kid in California shot 3 students, they made a big deal about the fact that he had three semi-automatic handguns. They interviewed a guy who said "there simply is no reason whatsoever that anyone needs three semi-automatic weapons." Which of course is a highly emotional knee jerk reaction without hearing the other side.

Bottom line, our rights are under attack from the vocal minority. We need for people to see how responsible millions of law-abiding gun owners are. We don't need a crowd of people walking into Burger King carrying ARs. That kind of stuff does much more harm than good and feeds the emotion of fear of guns. Police walk into restaurants all the time wearing their guns. But if the same cops walked in carrying shot guns or rifles, you'd wonder WTF?

Reading the article, I have to agree with the NRA's response, which is just common sense.
__________________
Kimber Royal II
Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II
NRA Member
Nigerian Lottery Winner

Last edited by Chuck43; 06-02-2014 at 12:27 PM.
PorscheVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,806
Common Sense lived a long life but died from heart failure at the brink of the millennium. No one really knows how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He selflessly devoted his life to service in schools, hospitals, homes, factories and offices, helping folks get jobs done without fanfare and foolishness.

For decades, petty rules, silly laws and frivolous lawsuits held no power over Common Sense. He was credited with cultivating such valued lessons as to know when to come in out of the rain, the early bird gets the worm, and life isn't always fair.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn), reliable parenting strategies (the adults are in charge, not the kids), and it's okay to come in second.

A veteran of the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, and the Technological Revolution, Common Sense survived cultural and educational trends including feminism, body piercing, whole language and "new math."

But his health declined when he became infected with the "If-it-only-helps-one-person-it's-worth-it" virus. In recent decades his waning strength proved no match for the ravages of overbearing federal regulation.

He watched in pain as good people became ruled by self-seeking lawyers and enlightened auditors. His health rapidly deteriorated when schools endlessly implemented zero tolerance policies, reports of six-year-old boys charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, a teen suspended for taking a swig of mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student. It declined even further when schools had to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student but cannot inform the parent when the female student is pregnant or wants an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost his will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses, criminals received better treatment than victims, and federal judges stuck their noses in everything from Boy Scouts to professional sports.

As the end neared, Common Sense drifted in and out of logic but was kept informed of developments, regarding questionable regulations for asbestos, low flow toilets, "smart" guns, the nurturing of Prohibition Laws and mandatory air bags.

Finally when told that the homeowners association restricted exterior furniture only to that which enhanced property values, he breathed his last.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers: Rights, Tolerance and Whiner.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
RickOShay, Daviscc, Dude22 and 7 others like this.
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Lineman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beautiful Downtown Monroe, GA
Posts: 3,765
Unhappy Sad But True!!

Amen, Brother Chuck!! As he was dying, he was finally used as the rallying cry of the raving Utopia seeking liberals, demanding "Common Sense" gun control laws!!

RIP Common Sense!!
__________________
The Lineman-Proud Army Dad!!
--Keith



Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!


Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Dude22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South West Florida
Posts: 5,828
Originally Posted by lineman73 View Post
Amen, Brother Chuck!! As he was dying, he was finally used as the rallying cry of the raving Utopia seeking liberals, demanding "Common Sense" gun control laws!!

RIP Common Sense!!
+110% with you.
__________________
Denny

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 15
Captured the truth on paper, something the media often... frequently fails to do

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Common Sense lived a long life but died from heart failure at the brink of the millennium. No one really knows how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He selflessly devoted his life to service in schools, hospitals, homes, factories and offices, helping folks get jobs done without fanfare and foolishness.

For decades, petty rules, silly laws and frivolous lawsuits held no power over Common Sense. He was credited with cultivating such valued lessons as to know when to come in out of the rain, the early bird gets the worm, and life isn't always fair.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn), reliable parenting strategies (the adults are in charge, not the kids), and it's okay to come in second.

A veteran of the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, and the Technological Revolution, Common Sense survived cultural and educational trends including feminism, body piercing, whole language and "new math."

But his health declined when he became infected with the "If-it-only-helps-one-person-it's-worth-it" virus. In recent decades his waning strength proved no match for the ravages of overbearing federal regulation.

He watched in pain as good people became ruled by self-seeking lawyers and enlightened auditors. His health rapidly deteriorated when schools endlessly implemented zero tolerance policies, reports of six-year-old boys charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, a teen suspended for taking a swig of mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student. It declined even further when schools had to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student but cannot inform the parent when the female student is pregnant or wants an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost his will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses, criminals received better treatment than victims, and federal judges stuck their noses in everything from Boy Scouts to professional sports.

As the end neared, Common Sense drifted in and out of logic but was kept informed of developments, regarding questionable regulations for asbestos, low flow toilets, "smart" guns, the nurturing of Prohibition Laws and mandatory air bags.

Finally when told that the homeowners association restricted exterior furniture only to that which enhanced property values, he breathed his last.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers: Rights, Tolerance and Whiner.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
Man, you have an incredible way with words!! Amen, and amen!!!
bufford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 199
I don't understand the concept of open carry. Is it for people that want to sling rifles around when they go to the mall or grocery store or neighborhood watch type of stuff? I'm not against open carry, I personally wouldnt do it because firearms attract unwanted attention and the last thing i would want is everyone in the world to be staring at me.

But, if it becomes legal in my state and is accepted, i might walk around with two Colt peacemakers... heheh j/k

-Shin0bi1
shin0bi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Chickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,323
Originally Posted by shin0bi1 View Post
I don't understand the concept of open carry. Is it for people that want to sling rifles around when they go to the mall or grocery store or neighborhood watch type of stuff? I'm not against open carry, I personally wouldnt do it because firearms attract unwanted attention and the last thing i would want is everyone in the world to be staring at me.

But, if it becomes legal in my state and is accepted, i might walk around with two Colt peacemakers... heheh j/k

-Shin0bi1
I agree! Open carry is legal here. We see some of our clients open carrying - most of them seem to need to be the 'big man' in the room, if you know what I mean. Also makes me wonder if they couldn't qualify for the CCW permit, so open carry is their only option.

I would rather not advertise when & what I happen to be carrying. How is it an advantage if it's in plain sight? It just makes you the 1st target once someone else starts shooting.
Chuck43 and Insta-Gator like this.
__________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,587
Personally,I back the NRA 100% on this issue.What's the honest to God point of openly carrying rifles,shotguns,etc into a familyrestaraunt (or any other)?All you do is draw negative attention to yourself and make others uneasy.Bottom line=bad move.
Marshall and PorscheVille like this.
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,290
These jackasses that choose to strap a rifle to their back and walk around in public do nothing but hurt the cause and bring scrutiny to those who hold the second amendment sacred.
It gives the anti gun movement an easy photo-op to show to the country that guns are bad and have no place in society.
I go to extremes to make sure that my edc is concealed and expect that most law abiding citizens who have a carry permit also do the same..
We all have to do our part to insure that the current generation and also the future generations will have the right to bear arms and a little common sense goes along way...
MPO Southy likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Search tags for this page

nra reprimands open carry advocates

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Bar Is Open Gmountain Off-Topic Discussion Forum 24 05-16-2014 07:44 PM
New from Texas slomo New Member Introduction 33 03-15-2014 06:34 PM
Slide won't lock open tp155 Kimber Solo Forum 23 01-11-2014 02:47 PM
Hello from Texas wolvie1892 New Member Introduction 2 08-01-2013 07:32 PM
Hello from Texas bikerjim New Member Introduction 5 05-03-2013 09:27 AM