First CC of my new UC2 9mm; SWEET! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Concealed Carry

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2016, 04:31 AM   #1

First CC of my new UC2 9mm; SWEET!

I purchased my new UC2 last weekend online and had it shipped to my local FFL. It arrived while I was out of town so I wasn't able to pick it up until Friday afternoon. I'm very pleased to report that yesterday, 11/5/16, was my first full day of Concealed Carry for my brand new and now most favorite CC pistol, the Ultra Carry II. It was so comfortable that I kept it holstered and IWB even after I got home.

Can't wait to CC at the Noon Mass today as our Father Fred is totally cool with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kimber UC II 9mm.jpg (42.6 KB, 9 views)
CB236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-06-2016, 05:52 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Please don't tell me that you're carrying a new gun that you haven't shot yet. Most guys, myself included usually want to get 500 trouble free rounds through a new gun before they start carrying it. What are you going to do if have to use it to defend yourself and it goes click instead of bang?
Marshall, 2sharp2, Tinman and 2 others like this.

Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:59 AM   #3

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Please don't tell me that you're carrying a new gun that you haven't shot yet. Most guys, myself included usually want to get 500 trouble free rounds through a new gun before they start carrying it. What are you going to do if have to use it to defend yourself and it goes click instead of bang?
LMAO...

Tell him Chuck!
2sharp2 and Pops6116 like this.

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2016, 08:19 AM   #4

I will report much worse than that; it was empty, no ammo. I did it just to get the feel for the new UC2. Planning a trip to the range on Monday for a proper test run.
starnovi likes this.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #5

Exactly what I was thinking Chuck! Carrying an empty pistol...SMH.

Hope you had a Louisville Slugger for backup.

Please fire at least 400 rounds before deeming ready to EDC.
Chuck43 and starnovi like this.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:23 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum from GA. Glad you are happy with your UC2. I think you will still be happy with it after you get to the range. Pistol should be cleaned and lubed before you take it out, and I was advised to run it wet initially. My UC2 is my favorite pistol now. I had a few failures with it in the beginning before I figured out which ammo it liked and which it didn't. It didn't take much and now it runs 100%. So don't get discouraged if you have some failures in the beginning, you will figure it out. Good luck and have fun with it!
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and DaVinci like this.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:37 PM   #7

Most guys, myself included usually want to get 500 trouble free rounds through a new gun before they start carrying it.
I'm good with a hundred trouble-free rounds, for a new, top-shelf gun.

What are you going to do if have to use it to defend yourself and it goes click instead of bang?
Tap, rack, bang--because that's what your brain defaults to after you've practiced it for hours on end. And if that fails, then there's gonna be a fight--because that's what your brain defaults to after you've practiced for hours on end.
starnovi likes this.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:53 AM   #8

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Exactly what I was thinking Chuck! Carrying an empty pistol...SMH.

Hope you had a Louisville Slugger for backup.

Please fire at least 400 rounds before deeming ready to EDC.
Who ever said that I was not armed with my current EDC in addition to the empty UC2? You fellas ever heard of am Ankle Rig? Also, I had backup in the form of a CC'ing wife. She can hit a fly in mid-flight.

Oh, how you people like to judge others. I hope this forum isn't going to be like Taurusarmed.net!!!!!!!!!!
starnovi likes this.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:48 AM   #9

Originally Posted by CB236 View Post
You fellas ever heard of am Ankle Rig? Also, I had backup in the form of a CC'ing wife. She can hit a fly in mid-flight.
Sweet setup!

Your wife sounds like she's a keeper and one you don't want to make angry!!!!!
Texas Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:43 AM   #10

Originally Posted by CB236 View Post

Oh, how you people like to judge others. I hope this forum isn't going to be like Taurusarmed.net!!!!!!!!!!
No! Don't get the wrong impression, there is minimum amount of sarcasm and judgement on here, and most of that is done tongue in cheek. There are a few people, no names, that like to poke the bear a bit, but they do so mainly in jest or with people that they are familiar with. There can be some lively discussion on her, but it never degrades and always stays civil. If things ever get out of hand the moderator will most likely step in...right Chuck43? Hey, I'm a woman on here with mainly men contributors and I'm still here because everyone on here is helpful and respectful.
Chuck43, Tinman and Jflytle like this.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote