Recommendation for Concealed Carry - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Concealed Carry

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #1

Recommendation for Concealed Carry

I am contemplating either the Solo or an Ultra sized 1911 for concealed carry. I like the thought of having a .45 as everything else I have is also a .45 (Custom Crimson Carry and Sig P220) but the size of the Solo is appealing. Any thoughts or recommendations?
maansmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #2

Ultra size .45 in one of the lighter weights vs. HD. Another option is an XDs in .45.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #3

It's hard to make that kind of recommendation for someone else. It really depends on how you're carrying, your own comfort & preferences, your daily activities, etc.

Personally I currently carry a Sig P238 because it's lightweight, easy to conceal & easy to shoot. It's only a .380, but the small caliber gun I can shoot well & carry practically anywhere is better than a larger gun I left at home.

I recently purchased a Kimber Tactical Ultra II in .45 & plan to try it for EDC after the break-in period. I don't think it will ever fully replace my P238, but it's nice to have a larger caliber option for when I am able to conceal a larger/heavier pistol.
Chuck43 and Dude22 like this.

Mario Andretti
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
It's hard to make that kind of recommendation for someone else. It really depends on how you're carrying, your own comfort & preferences, your daily activities, etc.

Personally I currently carry a Sig P238 because it's lightweight, easy to conceal & easy to shoot. It's only a .380, but the small caliber gun I can shoot well & carry practically anywhere is better than a larger gun I left at home.

I recently purchased a Kimber Tactical Ultra II in .45 & plan to try it for EDC after the break-in period. I don't think it will ever fully replace my P238, but it's nice to have a larger caliber option for when I am able to conceal a larger/heavier pistol.
Take a look at GUN TOTE'N MAMAS - Concealed Carry Handbags by Gun Tote'n Mamas and check these purses out.
I bought GiGi one to carry her Ultra TLE 45 in and she raves about them...
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #5

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
Take a look at GUN TOTE'N MAMAS - Concealed Carry Handbags by Gun Tote'n Mamas and check these purses out.
I bought GiGi one to carry her Ultra TLE 45 in and she raves about them...
I've had one of theirs as well as a few others. I changed out the generic holster for one from Crossbreed (Ohai Modular Holster | CrossBreedŽ Holsters - Ohai Modular). When possible I prefer on body carry - don't have to worry as much about becoming separated from my gun ...
2sharp2 likes this.

Mario Andretti
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #6

First it is a personal call! You may get fifty different "must carry" pistols. Here is my 2 cents. The majority of the time when I carry the weapon is my Ultra CDPII or old Detonics Combat Master both in .45ACP. Sometimes I carry a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special. Every so often I will carry a Colt Agent .38 special. All with hollow point ammo, plus P in the .38.
No set rules for what I carry, the mood I am in, type of dress, level of activity, which part of town I may be in etc. is the way I roll.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #7

I have a Super Carry Ultra HD that carries very well. The few extra ounces are no problem, and I really like the way it shoots.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #8

Anything you want as long as your carrying something..
Old 07-24-2014, 05:20 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Like everyone before me has already stated it's a personal decision. You want a gun your very familiar with that you can shoot comfortably and shoot well. Chickadee hit the nail on the head when she said the small caliber gun she has on her is better then the large caliber gun sitting at home. I also pocket carry a Sig P238 .380 during the shorts and T-shirt weather. Pocket carry allows me to remove my shirt without revealing my gun when doing yard work in hot weather. During cooler and winter weather I prefer to carry my .45 super carry pro. Right now I'm in the process of breaking in a 9mm Ultra CDP II that should make a great carry gun if I can ever get comfortable with it's smaller grip.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #10

Problem solved. Picked up an Ultra Covert II on a serious discount.
shin0bi1, RustyIron and JohnnyGeek like this.
maansmit is offline   Reply With Quote