A question for N.C. CCW permit holders - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Concealed Carry

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2017, 08:46 AM   #1

A question for N.C. CCW permit holders

I have a question for my fellow North Carolina concealed carry permit holders. Knowing the law as it applies to self defense and the Castile Doctrine here in N.C., how many of you also believe it wise to carry some type of insurance such as "Law Shield" or other insurance for self defense incidents should they occur? Do you recommend any one company over any the others.
KC4YIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-17-2017, 08:31 PM   #2

I don't think it's necessary, because I figure the odds of ever actually shooting someone make paying for insurance a bad deal. I live in Nags Head.
Markie and Dadman like this.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:49 AM   #3

Hatteras Island saying hello, tarheels. I think that insurance is a waste of money. 99% of the time you only need to brandish your gun and the bad guy runs off.
Crystalblu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2018, 12:42 PM   #4

If you carry a weapon you need to carry insurance. Even if you only brandish to stop the threat, a zealous prosecutor could cost you thousands of dollars. Your home, business and job could all be on the line castle doctrine or not. $250 a year is peace of mind that i have $1,000,000 bale and a legal team at my disposal no cost to me. You carry a gun because what if. The insurance is no different.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 12:51 PM   #5

A comparison between coverages from multiple companies.

https://www.concealedcarry.com/self-...rams-compared/

NRA Carry Guard insurance.

https://www.nracarryguard.com/

https://www.thetrace.org/2017/04/nra...ard-self-defen
Masquer08er likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 12:57 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Crystalblu View Post
Hatteras Island saying hello, tarheels. I think that insurance is a waste of money. 99% of the time you only need to brandish your gun and the bad guy runs off.
If you had the option not to pay homeowners insurance on your $500K home because there was only 1% chance it would burn to the ground or be destroyed in a tragic weather related event would you pay insurance on it ??

Sorry, but I won't take the chance that I will lose much of what I worked for to a lawyer and his client who I just shot in self defense.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:49 PM   #7

I carry the CCWSAFE insurance. Its not really insurance persay its bail and upfront legal services payed in advance. I call, they pay my bail and send a team of lawyers no cost to me. Including expert selfdefence people to testify if nessassary. Some of the other ones are reimbursement insurance YOU pay up front and if your found not guilty THEN you get reimbursed. Have to shop around a lot on these, I spent a year and a lot or research before going with CCWSAFE
Marshall and gbcvtrsc like this.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:36 PM   #8

I'm with Albert on this. Another important benefit of CCWSAFE is that their coverage includes not only the use of firearms, but the use of all types of physical force, including weapons of opportunity.
Marshall and Albert.Cairns like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:55 AM   #9

They also stand behind you if you have a civil suit filed against you after the defence trial. (Can't sue in Michigan under the Stand your ground law but others might not have that law) and provide money while your off work depending on which plan you sign up for.

2 important things to remember

1) do your research and pick what's best for you.

2) do not leave home without your gun and Insurance.

Protect your assets as well as your life. Just one incident can bankrupt you and take all your assets even if found innocent.

Again $250 to $350 a year for myself and my Wife is peace of mind and valuable protection.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:08 PM   #10

I live in NC and have a ccw.
No insurance, not interested.
If I engage, it will be as a last resort.
Dadman is offline   Reply With Quote