CHL holder attacked by vigilante - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Concealed Carry

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #1

CHL holder attacked by vigilante

Here's a link to the story with video. Man shopping for coffee creamer at Walmart attacked by vigilante for carrying gun he was legally permitted to have | Tampa Bay Times

Michael Foster - Vigilante
Clarence Daniels - Law abiding CHL holder

This moron (Foster) tried to be a hero and got himself arrested. He sees a man with a gun (Daniels) and follows him into the store, tackling him with other people, including children around. Foster didn't call 911. He didn't alert anyone in the store. He also waited for the guy to actually enter the store. Perhaps he wanted his heroics on camera as a memento.

Well, he got his memento alright. He yells that Daniels has a gun which brought others to help subdue Daniels. Daniels yells that he has a permit to no avail. Sherriff's department arrive and verify Daniels was a legal CHL holder. Foster gets a mug shot.

Now Daniels is a 62 year old man, and Foster is 43. It makes me wonder if he thought it would be easy to take down Daniels and be a hero. I also wonder if he would have attacked a younger man. He gave no thought to who Daniels might have been. Regardless of appearance he could have been. . . An off duty police officer? A judge? Any number of local, state or federal employees that normally carry, even off duty? He got off lucky in that 1. nobody was injured, and 2. he ONLY attacked a citizen.

So, it appears that instead of the public needing to be scared of all of us CHL holders, we need to worry about crazy vigilantes that notice we are armed.

The problem is most of the non-carrying public have no idea how to handle an unexpected situation. I know some CHL holders get their license and that's it. But most I talk to at least put some thought into it. There really needs to be some type of training for citizens on how to handle various situations. Not just violence related either. I can't tell you how often I've seen it happen. Unexpected incident brings about either panic, stunned disbelief, or just plain stupidity. This guy apparently took time to plot out his heroic deed. Really that's just a nice way of saying this guy was just plain stupid.
patton53 likes this.
LinckG is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #2

Jackass. I hope the mugger gets hit with a civil suit as well.
PatAz and Insta-Gator like this.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #3

Foster should have at least bought Daniels' creamer.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:25 PM   #4

Originally Posted by glokrok View Post
Foster should have at least bought Daniels' creamer.
HAHA! No hard feelings. Here's some creamer.
LinckG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #5

I agree that the vigilante is an idiot. But it is called concealed carry. I work hard to make sure that my sidearm is never revealed. Things do happen, I get that. But I have also seen guys in line at the coffee shop seem to purposefully lift their jacket or brush their jacket all the way back as they go for their wallet to reveal their heater. Makes me wonder...
Dons1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:27 PM   #6

Exclamation What The Over.......?

Foster is very lucky that the old man didn't shoot him!!! The people that attacked Mr. Daniels should ALL have been arrested and charged with assault and battery, strong arm robbery and kidnapping!!!

I'll bet the old boy carries concealed from now on!!! Ya think???
patton53 likes this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:31 AM   #7

And that is why concealed carry laws should be an adjunct to open carry (Constitutional carry).

Let people get used to the sight of a person carrying, then they won't panic or over react.

This scenario unfolded just as the media would have expected it to ... except Daniels is the good guy. Other than Foster being an idiot, the media is the reason for all this hyper concern.
Lineman, Richard and patton53 like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:32 AM   #8
Super Moderator

I wonder how that story would have been reported if that 62 year old permit holder thought that guy was trying to kill him and he shot and killed the vigilante.
Lineman, Richard and OLE442 like this.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:41 AM   #9

I'll bet the 62 yo will work on (1) being more aware of his surroundings and (2) consider some self defense techniques that do not involve his gun.

Most of us 60+ yo guys NOT having had to grapple (for fun or defense) with anyone in decades. Makes me wonder how I would fare against a 40 something younger man. Although, I do know a few 'sensitive' spots that will encourage him to let go of me. Then it's full game on with weapon in hand.
Lineman and Dons1911 like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:18 AM   #10
Super Moderator

I've watched that video a couple of times now and tried to imagine myself in the 62 year old's place. Once we were down on the ground from the way the old guy was being held I could have easily removed the 3" auto knife I carry clipped in my right hand leg pocket and easily driven it into the thigh of the attacker multiple times until he finally let go and I could get to my gun.
Insta-Gator, Richard and Dons1911 like this.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

clarence daniels chl

person that attacked chl holder recently

Click on a term to search for related topics.