Any feedback on Crossbreed IWB holsters? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Concealed Carry

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #1

Any feedback on Crossbreed IWB holsters?

I've made the mistake of buying cheap holsters in the past, which is why I now have 1 dresser drawer packed full of holsters. So, before ordering a Kydex IWB holster for my Solo CDP, I did a lot of research in my spare time over a 2 week span, reading reviews, watching Youtube reviews, etc., and finally placed my order today for the Crossbreed Minituck and upgraded to genuine horse hide.

So, I'm just posting this to see how happy or unhappy anyone has been with the Crossbreed IWB holster. I will have 2 weeks to wear it and return it for a refund if I'm not happy with it.
Paul Neuhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-18-2015, 08:54 PM   #2

I have used two crossbreed, including the Minituck. My wife still has the minituck for her Ruger LCR. I think that they are good holsters for the price, but as many kydex holsters they wear the finish of your gun. I have used other brands as well and I have made my own as well but with the same result. The only kydex holster that keeps the wear at the minimum (you get some but practically only on the trigger guard but not on the slide) that I have tried so far, is IWB Holster w/Adjustable Belt Clip - Cook's Holsters, LLC . I was hesitant at the beginning because I was not so sure of how stable and firm it was going to be. Well, after the first one I purchased a second one. And if I have to buy one more I would buy the same.

Typically, when I ask for an opinion on something very specific as you did, I hate that people answer with suggestions about something else, instead of answering the question. But I think I have at least done both .
Dude22, glokrok and Paul Neuhaus like this.

Last edited by buck119; 02-18-2015 at 08:59 PM.
buck119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:57 PM   #3

Originally Posted by buck119 View Post
Typically, when I ask for an opinion on something very specific as you did, I hate that people answer with suggestions about something else, instead of answering the question. But I think I have at least done both .
HA! It's all good. And I appreciate the feedback.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:21 AM   #4
Super Moderator

I have one and before I started pocket carrying that was my go to holster. I still have and use it, it's very comfortable and it's easy to forget I'm carrying an Pro size gun in it.
Paul Neuhaus likes this.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:08 AM   #5

Try the Alien Geay "Cloak Tuck 2.0" neoprene holster. I got on 6 weeks ago for my G19 and was amazed how comfortable it is. Beats any leather backed inside the waist holster I have tried including Crossbreed! The price is half the price of their competitors! YMMV
Paul Neuhaus likes this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:40 AM   #6

Chuck43, thanks for the feedback. That's exactly what I'm looking for, a holster that makes me forget I'm wearing a gun. That's why some of my holsters are now just taking up space in my dresser drawer.

Dude22, I appreciate your feedback but, from the research I did on Alien Gear, I think it would end up in my dresser drawer because it just doesn't meet my personal standards. No offense intended, I think it's great that you're happy with, but I just don't think I would be. And, for me personally, the price isn't an issue when it's something that I know I'll have to rely on every minute of every day. I'm always willing to pay more if I know I'm getting a better product - same reason I sold my Glocks 5 years ago and now own 3 Kimbers No single holster is perfect for everyone, which is you're happy with your choice. I hope I'm just as happy with mine.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Alien Gear used to be a sponsor here and I along with a couple of other members ordered holsters from them. After we wrote honest reviews of their lack of customer service and in my opinion poor design of their holsters they pulled the plug and left us..... just saying.
Paul Neuhaus likes this.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:56 AM   #8

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Alien Gear used to be a sponsor here and I along with a couple of other members ordered holsters from them. After we wrote honest reviews of their lack of customer service and in my opinion poor design of their holsters they pulled the plug and left us..... just saying.
You just summed up the majority of the reviews I read and watched on Youtube.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:04 AM   #9

One more thing. I also ordered their ankle holster because I like the calf strap to keep it riding high. I wear slacks, shirt, and tie to my clients' houses, and I don't want a "low riding" ankle holster to stick out when I sit down at their table.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #10
Super Moderator

The problem I had with their holsters were the soft rubber washers they use to adjust the holding tension of the gun. Once I got it adjusted properly and strapped the holster on I couldn't draw the gun because my belt was further compressing the rubber washers to the point where the gun couldn't be drawn, Y.M.M.V.
Paul Neuhaus likes this.

Search tags for this page

kimber holsters

kimber solo cdp iwb holster

Click on a term to search for related topics.