• 1 Post By Dude22
  • 1 Post By canonshooter
  • 1 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By Paul Neuhaus
  • 3 Post By Bigbrown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2015, 09:44 AM   #1

Alien gear cloak tuck 2.0

I just got my Alien Gear cloak tuck 2.0 in yesterday. I have not had a chance to wear it yet, but fit and finish is fantastic. I will provide pics and a complete review as soon as possible. I will be using it to CC a PC II......

Fired up I am.....
Dude22 and Insta-Gator like this.

"The difference between this beer and your opinion is I asked for the Beer."
Bigbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-06-2015, 10:05 AM   #2

Congratulations, waiting on your review!
Bigbrown likes this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:08 AM   #3

Originally Posted by Dude22 View Post
Congratulations, waiting on your review!
^^^What he said^^^^
Bigbrown likes this.
canonshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2015, 12:43 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Alein Gear used to be a sponsor here, if you do a forum search for "Alien Gear" you will find reviews and complaints about their lack of customer service.
Paul Neuhaus likes this.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:43 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Alein Gear used to be a sponsor here, if you do a forum search for "Alien Gear" you will find reviews and complaints about their lack of customer service.
I did weeks of research and customer reviews on IWB holsters before buying mine, which is why I chose not to buy Alien Gear. Some people are happy with theirs, and that's cool.
Chuck43 likes this.
Paul Neuhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:49 AM   #6

I did their special, and picked up two with a third shell because it was a cheap way to have interchangeable shells for pistols I might carry on very rare occasions. Their C clips are the only ones I like. They are secure and not very noticeable at all. I prefer C clips on any brand. The holster does its job and is very comfortable. I do wonder how long it will last based on the build quality and materials used. That is my primary concern. Secondary to that is I like leather.

My Galco V-Hawk 1911 IWB is my primary holster. I also have a Galco N frame Summer Comfort IWB as my secondary. I will say that if I could put Alien Gear C clips on my 1911 Galco holster, it would be perfection. When I have time, I'm going to experiment with that. The Galco clips suck. They are for thin narrow belts. The Alien gear C clips fit my thick wide belts perfectly.

Alien Gear's customer service was not able to understand two emails I sent while my order was being processed. I requested a shell change, and they responded as if I already had the product. Then I replied and explained that they were making my order and I wanted a shell change. They replied that I would have my order soon and to be patient. I gave up. After the order was shipped, they emailed me and said they were sorry, they understood what I meant now, and I could send in the shell for a swap. Not a bid deal, but annoying. I'll order more of their cheap shells for pistols I don't plan to carry often. Even if I never carry it, it's nice to have the option for only $13 for a spare shell. It's also a cheap way to determine if you want to carry a certain pistol. I originally thought I was going to carry my Glock 10mm frequently. I don't carry it so much right now. I have holster for when I do, and I didn't spend a lot on it.

I do like the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0. It is comfortable to wear all day, and can be cheaply adapted to other pistols. It is cheaply made and the stitching on one was ok, but not the best. Stitching on the other was good. It is very good at what it was designed to be, a cheap holster that is comfortable and can be adapted to multiple pistols.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #7

Originally Posted by LinckG View Post
I did their special, and picked up two with a third shell because it was a cheap way to have interchangeable shells for pistols I might carry on very rare occasions. Their C clips are the only ones I like. They are secure and not very noticeable at all. I prefer C clips on any brand. The holster does its job and is very comfortable. I do wonder how long it will last based on the build quality and materials used. That is my primary concern. Secondary to that is I like leather.

My Galco V-Hawk 1911 IWB is my primary holster. I also have a Galco N frame Summer Comfort IWB as my secondary. I will say that if I could put Alien Gear C clips on my 1911 Galco holster, it would be perfection. When I have time, I'm going to experiment with that. The Galco clips suck. They are for thin narrow belts. The Alien gear C clips fit my thick wide belts perfectly.

Alien Gear's customer service was not able to understand two emails I sent while my order was being processed. I requested a shell change, and they responded as if I already had the product. Then I replied and explained that they were making my order and I wanted a shell change. They replied that I would have my order soon and to be patient. I gave up. After the order was shipped, they emailed me and said they were sorry, they understood what I meant now, and I could send in the shell for a swap. Not a bid deal, but annoying. I'll order more of their cheap shells for pistols I don't plan to carry often. Even if I never carry it, it's nice to have the option for only $13 for a spare shell. It's also a cheap way to determine if you want to carry a certain pistol. I originally thought I was going to carry my Glock 10mm frequently. I don't carry it so much right now. I have holster for when I do, and I didn't spend a lot on it.

I do like the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0. It is comfortable to wear all day, and can be cheaply adapted to other pistols. It is cheaply made and the stitching on one was ok, but not the best. Stitching on the other was good. It is very good at what it was designed to be, a cheap holster that is comfortable and can be adapted to multiple pistols.
Thanks for the review. I have heard good things about alien gear and know of some guys that have been using them for a long time without any problems. I think holsters are really personal things and most are judged by looks first and most think if it's expensive it has to be good. I also think that a guy that likes flashy fancy guns that they like to show off isn't going to like Alien Gear holsters just because they don't like their looks regardless if they have ever owned one or not. I think those guys would rather have some exotic animal or reptile skinned holster than an Alien Gear. Most of the guys I shoot with and hang out with are more of the tactical roll in the mud H&K shooting guys and like Alien Gear because it has a more tactical look to their holsters and they have given them a chance to perform and found they performed well. So that's my take on holsters and of course just my 2 cents and YMMV.
canonshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #8

Ok....it's been a minute, but here it is.......

Nice fit and finish. I like the ability to order another shell...since I own multiple pistols. It is comfortable, but took me a minute to figure out I like it around 4:30.....The retention on the pistol is great, and very adjustable. It came perfect for me, so I have not jacked with it much. I like the material on the inside of the waist area. Very comfortable. For under $40.00....what a great holster.

I have also decided to try a bianchi 105 OWB....The PC II is a bit larger than my other two EDC's. Winter time, when I can put on the clothing, I love the PC II. I only have about 300 rounds through it with a few hick-ups....

I would buy the holster again for sure, but do not carry it every day. I think it has more to do with me not being 100% confident in the pistol. I am getting my CC for North Dakota in two weeks and will be qualifying with the PC II, as it is a tac driver!

Pic's to follow ladies and gentleman!
Chuck43, Dude22 and bhunted like this.

"The difference between this beer and your opinion is I asked for the Beer."
Bigbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 02:21 PM   #9

Alien gear cloak tuck 2.0

AG has cleaned up their act since their grand opening. I have 2 of their holsters. 1 for my HK and 1 in ver 2.0 for my Ultra Covert.
I literally fell asleep with my Covert at 430 position on my leather sofa for over an hour.
When I woke up, I barely felt it and had to laugh at myself for not removing it. Only down fall is I had a divot in my waist from the edge of the mag well. Barely noticeable. I can say that it passed the comfort test for sure. Still my fav iwb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

difference between alien holster super tuck and super tuck 2.0

what is the difference between an alien cloak tuck, cloak tuck 2.0 and cloak tuk 3.0

Click on a term to search for related topics.