Try this drill - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Concealed Carry

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Mike240

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #1

Try this drill

I like standards drills. Though USPSA/IDPA type stages are fun and you have to apply numerous different skills to complete them, they are not consistent and give the shooter a measurable way to see if skill if truly improving. When I do training/classes I like standards drill to have no more than three skills or objectives. If you do not use a shot timer in training you cannot measure improvement.

The target is a NRA B8 "repair center" which is only the 8 and smaller ring, attached to the high center mass of a USPSA or IDPA target.

The drill is 5 separate par timed strings of fire, each being 5 rounds fired from 5 different distances and 5 different par times.

Distance / rounds / seconds
5 yds. 5 3
10 yds. 5 5
15 yds. 5 7
20 yds. 5 8
25 yds. 5 10

10 points per shot 250 total possible (corresponds with the scoring rings on the B8)
Shots fired over par time are minus 10
Shots outside the 8 ring are minus 10
Each string of fire begins with the loaded pistol in holster (wait till the timer beeps!)

I did not want this easy and a perfect score will be very difficult. I had several higher level cop shooters and competition shooters do this while determining what par times to establish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2004.JPG (2.66 MB, 13 views)
Chuck43, RustyIron, Markie and 1 others like this.