I was a No Go last night at Hampton Coliseum - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Concealed Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2019, 05:52 PM   #1

I was a No Go last night at Hampton Coliseum

CC'ing my Kimber...I'd won complimentary tix to the PBR Rodeo at Hampton (VA) Coliseum last night...Prior planning always prevents piss poor performance...checked out the Coliseum web page FAQ...no "illegal" weapons....googled to see if anyone had anything...only thing was be prepared to be wanded and show your VA CHL to a Hampton PD officer working security....drove in to free parking, past the PETA protestors....walked up to the will-call door, immediately was advised I needed to be wanded prior to picking up my tix....I agreed but advised her by showing my CHL...she asked me to wait and sure enough, pulled a Hampton PD officer over...he was courteous and asked if I had LE credentials....I advised only my CHL, my VA DL and my retired ID card....he apologized and said that "management" was denying entry to anyone carrying. I could see where this was going...he asked me to go secure the weapon if I wanted to enter...since I hadn't paid for tix, I thanked him and headed back to the car and headed home. No PBR for me last night. Will advise VCDL...anyone else encountering this from PBR Rodeo? This was the first time Hampton has denied me entry...wondering if it was due to PETA protests? Standing by to stand by!
apollosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-03-2019, 06:29 PM   #2

Right now the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo is going on at the Reliant Stadium & surrounding facilities (i.e. public property), yet they get away flaunting state law by banning CC on the premises when the rodeo is on.