• 5 Post By Cucamonga kid
  • 1 Post By cousinmark
  • 1 Post By Cucamonga kid
  • 1 Post By JBear
  • 2 Post By Wingnut

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2019, 11:35 AM   #1

5 o'clock somewhere???

I recently switched my carry pistol from a Ruger LC9s to a CZ RAMI, the CZ being a double stack is thicker and heavier. I'm not a "sun up to sun down" guy when it comes to carrying. I'm an "on occasion" guy and carry in a leather IWB holster at 5 o'clock. I've been noticing that I've got a sore spot at 5 o'clock and am thinking it's a result of the larger holster/heavier pistol and tighter belt. Maybe its a kidney stone :-(
Has anyone experienced this and has it gotten better???
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #2

I always used to carry iwb but now I carry owb 95% of the time. With a long shirt or T-shirt it’s easy to conceal and much more comfortable. Carhartt shirts work well because they are usually cut on the larger side.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:17 PM   #3

I thought you were opening the bar early. Never mind.

Old 06-14-2019, 04:35 PM   #4

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
I always used to carry iwb but now I carry owb 95% of the time. With a long shirt or T-shirt itís easy to conceal and much more comfortable. Carhartt shirts work well because they are usually cut on the larger side.
Thanks JC, I'm using a holster from The Holster Store in FL. I believe the model is the Pro HD, nice enough but not top of the line. The holster is actually quite secure as well as comfortable to wear. I notice the soreness at night after I've worn it on a walk. I have been kicking the idea of ordering a higher end Wright Leather option? They seem to get some good press around here (KT). I'm going to look more closely at the OWB options too. I definitely want to be able to wear a normal T-shirt and not print too bad. Here in GA wearing anything too heavy isn't really an option in the summer months. For what ever reason I seem to prefer 5 o'clock? If I could get over a few things, where the muzzle points, and I don't want to scratch her :-) I could always use my Micro .380 in a front pocket pocket holster.
JC45 likes this.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:11 PM   #5

Have you ever tried appendix carry? That's the way I always go except if I have a full-size 1911. Then I'll go 4 o'clock.
And always decent quality leather holster versus Kydex.
cousinmark likes this.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:57 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Have you ever tried appendix carry? That's the way I always go except if I have a full-size 1911. Then I'll go 4 o'clock.
And always decent quality leather holster versus Kydex.
...NOPE, DA, SA ( condition 1 ), behind me is where the muzzle needs to be pointed? That's what I want to do...
With the Ruger the "sore spot" never happened? It's more the extra 1/2 inch the CZ eats up that I've got to figure what to do with??? Maybe OWB will be the way to go??? At a glance it seems like it"d be harder to hide? I suppose I'll never know until I give one a try?
Old 06-15-2019, 04:00 AM   #7

OWB is somewhere in the vicinity of roughly 1,000,000X more comfortable than IWB. But yes, significantly more difficult to hide. Also, 4:00 didn't work for me as well as 5:00 because it was so much more comfortable that I tend to forget it's there and smack my funny bone on it.
cousinmark likes this.
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:12 AM   #8

Iím located in Florida and 99% of the time wearing shorts and a T shirt. Iíve been using a Milt Sparks Pancake holster with the double snaps for a couple years now and really like it. Seems to conceal pretty good as itís real thin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg CBD349C1-0A6B-432F-ABC0-36451ACC3B62.jpeg (1.67 MB, 4 views)
cousinmark and JC45 like this.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote