Could You Make The Shot - Page 3 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Concealed Carry

Like Tree80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2020, 05:44 PM   #21

We never know what may happen in a situation like has been discussed. The last time I was at the range I practiced some head shots with some targets I have with a guy shooting. I have some with scenarios on them that I use sometimes just to see what I can do. As we get older the distance and eyesight plays a big part in being able to hit something. Next range trip I am going to have to practice some other things than just shoot at a target.
Chuck43, CharlieW, 2sharp2 and 2 others like this.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-06-2020, 03:25 AM   #22

That shot? Not with these eyes. Not on the range, not with my full size Kimber, probably not with an AR unless it had a damn good optic. That all having been said, at that distance I wouldn't have tried. I don't live in a free state, so I'm not taking any shots unless my only choices are death or jail. If I have an option to GTFO, my gun isn't isn't making an appearance, I'm making an exit.
2sharp2, Rick in Oregon and Doons like this.
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:35 PM   #23

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
But I'll bet you could with your Solo Phil. They're pretty accurate. You'd have to do it with the first shot though cause it would probably jam after that.
Then I'd throw my Yeti cup at him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Y2U57YU.jpg (1.42 MB, 5 views)
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and Cucamonga kid like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #24

With a rifle? Oh yeah. I'd have put two in his melon.

Hey bad guy, keep yourself busy for 20 minutes while I drive home and get my rifle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gwLmOhy.jpg (1.98 MB, 7 views)
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and Cucamonga kid like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:13 AM   #25

John Lovell over at the Warrior Poet Society can recommend some great slings that will allow you to have your rifle at the ready and still have two hands on your hymnal. I'm just' sayin'

This reminds me of my Jr. High youth, when I was best friends with our pastor's two sons. I was riding to church with them one Sunday for some reason, and pulled out my Swiss Army knife to get at the tweezers or something innocuous, and he launched into an exposition on how silly it was for me to have a knife on me right then, because was I expecting terrorists to show up at church or something? My, how the years have brought some clarity to things...
CharlieW, Shootinit and motormac like this.
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:41 PM   #26

I have looked at this but have not seen any specifics on the distance. I don't think at this stage in life I could consistently make the shot. If that was my only shot would I take it, sure. Perhaps it would set up a second shot with a higher probably of success. That and a lot of prayer,
Chuck43, CharlieW, 2sharp2 and 3 others like this.
RickByus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:45 PM   #27

Could I make the shot -- Based on my range time yesterday, with the right gun, maybe 2/3 of the time. Body hits higher. So, I will be carrying a slightly larger pistol that I shoot well. With this incident and events in the Middle East, I would encourage all of us to head out and practice.
2sharp2 and Rick in Oregon like this.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:47 PM   #28

Originally Posted by Doons View Post
Jack Wilson is a Texan, we do that kind of stuff all the time...

Lucky, maybe? Based on his background he needed far less luck than I would in the same situation. Can I hit the head on a silhouette at 45 feet, with my carry weapon, yes... Can I do it after seeing and hearing two people I know; get shot; at point blank range with a shotgun? .... as said, hope I donít ever have to find out.
Actually, according to the local news, there were two guys returning fire but the second guy missed. Our church has at least 6 pistolas on Sunday ready for action. A single shooter would have to make some tough choices because they are scattered in the different pews. Being in a rural area we have plenty of range time shooting at paper plates, the perfect size for head shots.
Big Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:09 PM   #29

Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
Actually, according to the local news, there were two guys returning fire but the second guy missed. Our church has at least 6 pistolas on Sunday ready for action. A single shooter would have to make some tough choices because they are scattered in the different pews. Being in a rural area we have plenty of range time shooting at paper plates, the perfect size for head shots.
only 3 gunshots in the video...
Doons likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:42 PM   #30

The distance looked like it was about 25 feet. At my local range, I can do head shots at 25 feet with my Ruger LC9s, My Ruger P90 and my 1911s. With my LCP2 I can hit the head with 3 shots out of a 6 round magazine. That's at the range.
Could I do it against a guy armed with a shotgun aimed at me? Of course, I've never had to but I doubt it.
downeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

amazon

Click on a term to search for related topics.