Strong side 39 78.00%
Small of back 2 4.00%
Pocket 3 6.00%
Crossdraw 6 12.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2020, 02:42 AM   #21

Indeed. I've thought more than once about getting an IWBA for the Kimber... and always dismissed the idea.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:01 AM   #22

Originally Posted by Hudsonvalley View Post
4Ē pro...had a hip replaced and am a bit leery about carrying strong side...bought a Wright Leather Regulator and just waiting for the judge to send me my purchase coupon...thatís how itís done in Orange County NY...4-6 weeks...
Anybody carry this way as your primary position? I drive a lot and felt this was a better way to carry while in the car...and, as we all know, depending on our clothes...should be pretty concealable...Iím well past the Ďeveryone sees ití period...
Just wondering how some of you carry...

Do you also need a "purchase coupon" to buy boxer shorts! Needing the OK from Government to buy a holster is absolutely ridiculous IMO!

"Ancient hatreds & modern weapons-that's my kind of show" - George Carlin

"Realism can sometimes be mistaken for pessimism!"
© 2019

Join Gun Owners of America
https://gunowners.org/join/
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:54 AM   #23

Originally Posted by OLE442 View Post
Originally Posted by Hudsonvalley View Post
4” pro...had a hip replaced and am a bit leery about carrying strong side...bought a Wright Leather Regulator and just waiting for the judge to send me my purchase coupon...that’s how it’s done in Orange County NY...4-6 weeks...
Anybody carry this way as your primary position? I drive a lot and felt this was a better way to carry while in the car...and, as we all know, depending on our clothes...should be pretty concealable...I’m well past the ‘everyone sees it’ period...
Just wondering how some of you carry...

Do you also need a "purchase coupon" to buy boxer shorts! Needing the OK from Government to buy a holster is absolutely ridiculous IMO!
My bad.. coupon was for gun purchase.. not the holster... although, with the NYS Assembly being the way they are.. you never know

Old 03-06-2020, 01:18 PM   #24

30 plus years of carry while working in and around cars taught me a few things

When I was working a street crimes unit we did a lot of unmarked car and UC type work. Lots of fixed and mobile surveillance. Cross draw was the fastest and most comfortable when in the drivers seat for many hours and people approach the window.

AIWB was most available and able to defend against in a fight but horrible when mobile due to seat belts as was strong side. We would practice driving into the range and a technique to get the belt off and un-ass the car and shoot.

AIWB for me is mostly used now but anything four inches or longer when seated is uncomfortable long term.

Strong side carry destroys your upholstery. Causing permenant depressions in foam and wear marks or tears on the material. Check out any cop car.

Leather seats get permanently stretched where the but presses against it.

Depending on the role I may have had a short barreled gun cross draw and full sized strong side at the same time with mags compatible for both.
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and motormac like this.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:38 PM   #25

Originally Posted by Mike240 View Post
Strong side carry destroys your upholstery. Causing permenant depressions in foam and wear marks or tears on the material.
I can vouch for that! This is why both of my trucks have a second holster mounted on the console, and I'm not sitting on my gun all day... it isn't just because it's uncomfortable. It does mean I'm unholstering and reholstering my gun a million times a day, but that isn't as arduous as many people seem to think it would be. Either way, if Safariland can ever get their god damned act together, I hope to have a L2 shoulder rig sometime before I die, in which case it won't matter one way or the other.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #26

Sig P-938 9mm in a "Sticky Holster"made from Neoprene,IWB in a strong side appendix position.Very comfortable as far as sticking things down your pants goes!
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:43 PM   #27

This is about as close to cross draw carry as I ever get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200403-183748_Gallery_1585957314392.jpg (1.29 MB, 8 views)
Wheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 05:02 AM   #28

Now that I'm using a shoulder holster, I suppose technically I'm cross-draw...
Old 10-16-2020, 01:00 PM   #29

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Cross draw is great for when you're driving, on a road trip it's comfortable and convenient but for everyday carry I don't care for it. In a quick draw situation the chance of you sweeping innocent people is much greater.
I agree, cross draw is the way to go, especially in today's environment while driving a vehicle. With practice you dont even mess with the seat belt.
Chuck43 likes this.
Bobk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 12:11 PM   #30

I reckon my shoulder holster carry is a cross draw...
...although in SASS Cowboy Action, I shot double cross draw duelist at times...
Oklahomabound is offline   Reply With Quote