Pastor Carry Options - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Concealed Carry

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2020, 10:50 AM   #1

Pastor Carry Options

Just finished watching one of Hickok45's YouTube Concealed Carry videos. When I consider my profession, how I dress, and where I visit, it appears my only true option is a pocket carry. I wish it were different but I am having to come to grips with reality. I feel most people would be a little put off if their Pastor showed up at the hospital with a pistol showing. LOL

So, I have 2 LCP's but I want a higher quality Kimber to pocket carry. In your opinion, what are my options with Kimber?

I gotta have a "Pastor Carry."
Gebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-03-2020, 11:26 AM   #2

A micro 9 would be a great option. You could also get a standard Micro in 380.
I have one of each and they shoot well and easy to stow in a pocket.
Jerod
HazMat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:35 AM   #3

Shoulder holster under a sport jacket.
Oklahomabound likes this.

Old 03-03-2020, 11:38 AM   #4

Have you considered IWB at 4:00 under a 'pastor robe' or even an un-tucked shirt?

I carry daily either of my Ultra's or Micro 9 this way, and the weapons appear invisible with only a t-shirt cover. Also consider that the small Micro pistols are much more difficult to shoot well when compared to even a Kimber Ultra model. The larger gun is still easy to conceal, but offers a much better purchase in-hand and better, easier to see sights.

Lots of options to explore.
Wingnut likes this.
Rick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 03:58 PM   #5

If you really want to pocket carry IMO your best option would be a Micro 380. With a really good pocket holster, it's a single action pistol after all.
Markie, AlexTDiGiacomo and Gebo like this.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
KCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 04:19 PM   #6

Originally Posted by KCJeep View Post
If you really want to pocket carry IMO your best option would be a Micro 380. With a really good pocket holster, it's a single action pistol after all.

I know...I know.

I am just learning the difference between a single action and a double action. 1911 single action. LCP 380 double action.

Me like single action much better!
Old 03-03-2020, 06:53 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Gebo View Post
When I consider my profession, how I dress, and where I visit, it appears my only true option is a pocket carry. I wish it were different but I am having to come to grips with reality. I feel most people would be a little put off if their Pastor showed up at the hospital with a pistol showing. LOL

Don't mean to sound critical but I have a couple questions. This comes from a pastor perspective.
First, you mentioned a hospital. While not technically not illegal carrying in a hospital will get you booted and asked not to come back. You have to follow the rules.
Second is carry options are more a matter of choice. Your clothing will dictate. Even with dress clothes. Shirt in or out. You previously mention jeans. IWB and an untucked loose long shirt (I use polo) is doable. The smaller the easier to hide but harder to shoot accurately. With IWB the barrel is not much of a problem but the grip is. Micro or Ultra. I recently just found a 4in slide (Pro or compact) with a ultra (officers) grip. Hides well.
Holsters, how fast do you need to access because everything in this life is a trade off. The deep concealment one are slow access but they call them deep concealment for a reason. I cannot use a high rise because of a semi bad shoulder so I carry about 4 oclock (no side bump) with the only thing above the belt line is the grip. Yeah I know restricts access some but hides well. I wear a somewhat loose vest a lot with dress clothes and works well with a tuck able holster.
Lastly and really important. Do not hide the fact you are carrying from your people. You don't make a big deal of it just mention it a time or two and believe me everybody will know shortly. If you hide it, it will foster feelings you do not want to deal with and cause more issues. If it is about security explain it that way. If it is about your view the world is getting worse and you want to protect your family, yourself and/or them explain it that way. IF you carry going about your duties and your people to find out after the fact it will do irreparable harm to your relationship.
RickByus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:21 PM   #8

I never wear my shirt untucked unless I am at home. It just ain't me. Weird, huh?

In my church and with "my"people, they all know I carry. We have about 8 people that carry every Sunday. We all know who carries and where they all sit.

I sometimes am asked to visit "strangers" and do not want to offend or scare them.

I just don't want it showing. I don't feel it is appropriate for me to have a weapon showing. I don't want to get all weird but sometimes I need to listen. It isn't always about "my" choice, if you know what I mean.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:46 PM   #9

Just finished watching one of Hickok45's YouTube Concealed Carry videos. When I consider my profession, how I dress, and where I visit, it appears my only true option is a pocket carry. I wish it were different but I am having to come to grips with reality. I feel most people would be a little put off if their Pastor showed up at the hospital with a pistol showing. LOL

So, I have 2 LCP's but I want a higher quality Kimber to pocket carry. In your opinion, what are my options with Kimber?

I never wear my shirt untucked unless I am at home. It just ain't me. Weird, huh?

In my church and with "my"people, they all know I carry. We have about 8 people that carry every Sunday. We all know who carries and where they all sit.

I sometimes am asked to visit "strangers" and do not want to offend or scare them.

I just don't want it showing. I don't feel it is appropriate for me to have a weapon showing. I don't want to get all weird but sometimes I need to listen. It isn't always about "my" choice, if you know what I mean.
"Pastor Carry" how about an empty Kentucky Fried Chicken Bucket?

You say your only option is pocket carry? Are you talking (pants pocket carry) I assume or sport coat pocket carry? I hope and assume it will be in a designed pocket holster.

I don't know that there's going to be "one" single method for you to carry a pistol. From my understanding of your two posts above.

First you must decide which pistol. You guys that own them, will a holstered Micro 380 or Micro9 grip not stick out a little from a pants pocket?

Ankle holster? Cover jacket and small of back holster? Pocket holster?

Your method of carry will probably depend on if you'll be in church or visiting people in the hospital.
ChattanoogaPhil likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:22 AM   #10

2sharp2,

Let me help you:

Right front pants pocket carry only, don’t carry while preaching as I rely on ushers and deputies, love single action, more of a hot dog guy vs KFC.

As I work through this process, it looks like the Micro in either the 380 or 9 will be my choice. My heart says 9 but my head says 380. What do you say?