• 6 Post By Chuck43
  • 4 Post By Mike240
  • 1 Post By Cucamonga kid
  • 1 Post By RustyIron
  • 1 Post By OLE442

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #1

What's Your "Plan B"

I case of a malf or any other plan A failure; do you have another surprise for your attacker? I realize that the odds of being attacked and having to use your primary are very slim. Even slimmer are the odds that your primary will fail. But it's not about the odds, it's about the stakes. When your life is at stake I think a Plan B is a good idea. Remember Murphy's Law. What's yours?
Old 12-19-2015, 10:27 AM   #2

Plan B: I'm dead, take the bastard with me!!!! At all cost, whatever the sacrifice, take the bastard with me. Knife, fists, feet, teeth, fingers ... whatever it takes. People who end up being the suffering victim are those afraid to commit 100%.

Imagine the reaction of some robbing thug when he finds out he has just engaged a Tasmanian Devil.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:30 AM   #3

For me, it's an ethnic issue. I always fight dirty, and I always have a 'dirk.'

Old 12-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #4

I would just go back to what I did before I even carried a gun..

Use whatever is available to defend myself....There was a time when men would just have a good old brawl with their hands and whoever was still standing was the victor...

I'm not ashamed to say that I have had my ass handed to me a couple of times in my life and I may not have won the war, but the other guy new he was in a battle...

Maybe I will keep my Kimber Pepperblaster after all....
Cucamonga kid and JC45 like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #5
Super Moderator

I'm too old to run anywhere except for maybe the bathroom, when I step out I have a BUG.
OLE442, Jflytle, Hoffbrew and 3 others like this.

Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #6

Too old to take an ass kicking and too young to die. Do whatever it takes. I learned that small breakages take the fight out of most except those on PCP. But those you can see the bad behavior and avoid unless your paid to deal with them.

Many merely try to control and grapple. But while you have those hands start breaking fingers. I have found that after one or two they will give you their hands for cuffing.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #7

My plan A is actually to try to not go anywhere that might be dangerous. And wherever you go, be aware of your surroundings (not to be paranoid) but looking around to enjoy the scenery; you might see some cool things too. And definitely if danger is approaching you need to see it coming before they get too close. Plan B is my SideArm. One night after dark I had to stop at an outdoor ATM at my bank branch and as I turned around and was putting my cash in my pocket there was a big black dude ( now I'm just a skinny honkey) 6 inches taller than me 60 pounds heavier approaching straight towards me there were no other cars in the parking lot and he must've come out of the bushes. I didn't have my Colt Commander that night but I instinctively stopped and reached around to my 4 o'clock position after pushing jacket away and realized it wasn't there but I kept my hand in back of me. I stared straight into his eyes and clenched my jaw getting ready to die. This guy came to a screeching halt, his eyes were big as saucers. He stuttered and stammered and asked me for some directions to some restaurant or something I had never heard of and even was calling me sir more than once. I told him I was sorry I didn't know where that was and he thanked me and turned and walked away as I watched him leave. That was a great lesson for me and I've never forgotten it. Plan C, carrying extra pair shorts.
Hoffbrew likes this.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:06 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Mike240 View Post
Many merely try to control and grapple. But while you have those hands start breaking fingers. I have found that after one or two they will give you their hands for cuffing.
That's funny, Mike. This morning I was training with guy who couldn't quite figure out how to defend against a particular threat. Rather than stopping and figuring it out, or asking for advice, he went all "Three Stooges" on me. I didn't want to hurt him, so I grabbed three fingers and gave them a little pressure. Pop, pop, pop, like a bowl of Rice Krispies. He yelped, and I released. No damage, of course, but his hand might feel sore tonight.

His lesson was that if you don't know what to do and just leap in, you might get hurt. Take a deep breath and come up with a solid plan. My lesson was in applying force somewhere between 0% and 100%. Usually, neither extreme is appropriate. If Jason Van Dyke had learned that lesson, Laquan McDonald would still be alive, and he might not be looking at jail time.

Oh, and the point of all this is that fingers can be very vulnerable. They're easy to snap, and even a petite lady can make a big man change his game plan. But don't count on some knucklehead giving you his fingers.
Jflytle likes this.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 02:07 PM   #9

I'm too old to run anywhere except for maybe the bathroom
I understand that Chuck!
Chuck43 likes this.
OLE442 is online now   Reply With Quote