Andrews Leather - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Concealed Carry

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2016, 03:48 PM   #1

Andrews Leather

For what it's worth, I just ordered a new IWB holster and 1.5" ranger belt from Andrews Leather in Alachua, Fl. I mention this because the Gentleman who answered the phone (who is the same man who makes the products) was refreshingly polite and helpful. He seems like an exceptionally nice man and I have read only very good things about his products. I'll post some pics once they arrive.

Andrews Custom Leather
Marshall, Lineman, glokrok and 4 others like this.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:24 PM   #2

Very nice looking rigs he makes...Thanks for sharing Glen..
ditrina likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:41 PM   #3

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
Very nice looking rigs he makes...Thanks for sharing Glen..
You're welcome. I have never seen his work personally. I have read (Google search) that it can take awhile to get the products delivered. As nice and helpful as he was on the phone, as far as I'm concerned, he can take as long as he wants! There is something to be said for the "lone ranger" in his garage/shop churning out material, one at a time, that I like to support when I can.
Marshall, Dude22 and ditrina like this.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:10 PM   #4

Like Marshall said, nice looking holsters. How long is th the wait?

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #5
Super Moderator

It looks like he does nice work, most quality work takes time.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 05:17 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
It looks like he does nice work, most quality work takes time.
My mama use to tell me that's why she carried me for 9 months....
GoingSolo likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 05:33 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Dude22 View Post
Like Marshall said, nice looking holsters. How long is th the wait?
I'm really not sure. I ordered the McDanial Crossdraw IWB. I explained to him that I appendix carry and he suggested this holster. He pointed out that by going with this option I'd have two different options for ride height. Anyway, he mentioned he tries to keep some popular models (like 1911's) already pre-assembled, they's just need to be molded to the specific gun, and then tanned to the customers color choice. True custom holsters with special bells and whistles take much longer. The belt for example, he said would take longer because I had some requests. Stay tuned, when something arrives I'll let you know. I have 2 Milt Sparks VM2's that I waited over 6 months for. And now no longer even own the Glock so the holster sits in the safe.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:23 PM   #8

Originally Posted by GoingSolo View Post
For what it's worth, I just ordered a new IWB holster and 1.5" ranger belt from Andrews Leather in Alachua, Fl. I mention this because the Gentleman who answered the phone (who is the same man who makes the products) was refreshingly polite and helpful. He seems like an exceptionally nice man and I have read only very good things about his products. I'll post some pics once they arrive.

Andrews Custom Leather
Personal service is great, that is why I order from FIST, Inc. I call, discuss with the owner/maker what I need and he delivers. They may not be as pretty as an El Paso or Galco but function as needed. Nobody but me sees my holsters anyway, that is why they call it concealed, right?
Old 01-27-2016, 09:01 PM   #9
Super Moderator

I have several Andrews holsters and some speedloader carriers. Definitely top shelf stuff.
GoingSolo likes this.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:43 PM   #10

Cool Andrews Leather Is Good Stuff!

I have a couple of Andrews Leather holsters. I've had them for a number of years and so far,they have not found their way into my "box for misfit holsters", so they must be good!! One design in particular that I really like is the Carjacker Crossdraw. It is very good if you need to be armed while spending a lot of time seated.

Andrews Carjacker Crossdraw.jpg

I use it when I am deer hunting. The crossdraw feature keeps the pistol away from my rifle when I carry it on the sling as I'm walking to my stand. Neither firearm gets scratched up that way. That same feature also allows for quick access to the pistol while sitting in the deer stand. It's just what the doctor ordered.

I have purchased my holsters directly from Mr. Andrews at the Eastman Gun Shows held in the North Atlanta Trade Center, in Norcross, Georgia (Allowing sufficient time for booing and hissing about Eastman Shows! Some locals in the Atlanta area claim that he fixes prices and don't like his shows. I find what I want and pay what I consider to be fair prices. No beef here!) He is an excellent leather craftsman and a true gentleman to deal with. I make very few recommendations of items associated with firearms. When I do, the product is worthy of checking out. Mr. Andrews' wares are worth a close look. Several of his creations are quite innovative. I particularly like his Saddle Style Holsters. They come in either strong side or crossdraw, open top or thumb break. He offers concealment and duty holsters and belts. He also has a line of western/cowboy action leather. His stuff is well made and reasonably priced for the quality that you receive. If you want to check out Mr. Andrews' wares, you can find his catalog at his URL:

Andrews Custom Leather

Well worth your time to look!
Snake15 and ditrina like this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 02-08-2016 at 11:51 PM.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

andrews gun leather

Click on a term to search for related topics.