my name is glokrok and i am a holsterholic - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Concealed Carry

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #1

my name is glokrok and i am a holsterholic

carta valley cross body leather shoulder holster. it pops up on Kimber talk and I got to look. next thing you know and $110 later with shipping handling tax and whatever else. I got one. this puppy will not pull my pants down but pulls on the left side of my neck while carrying a p938. the holster seems cheap. not worth the money imho. ymmv

so I see this on here.
Urban Carry ? Total Concealment Holsters Official Site
I read all the negative remarks about it. like you have to have two hands etc. so I pass. I was so proud of myself. then I see it on facebook and bam. I got one coming. I will let you know.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:34 AM   #2

When I was a detective on our Sheriff's Dept, back in 1975 (about 24 Yrs. old) I saw a Indianapolis Homicide detective with the neatest should holster I've ever seen. At the time I carried a S&W model .38 in a small paddle holster "Don Hume " I think. That's a J frame Alloy with built in hammer shroud. After working on this homicide case and getting what I needed from IPD.
I went home and ordered the holster from "Jackass Leather Company" later to merge with Safariland holsters.
Well it came in and I immediately loaded my S&W model 59, 15 shot auto and two magazines with handcuffs into this new holster. I was off to solve all crime in our small town of 35,000.
At the end of the day I could hardly move. My Shoulders were so sore it was painful to brush my teeth the next day. I immediate went back to my S&W J Frame and carried it for many years. I also carried a Smith model 39 at times and even the 59 once in a while but never with that loaded down shoulder rig.

Last Year, I bought a new S&W model 638 and carry it when I'm not carrying my Solo. Both in Galco ankle holster. As often as I have to go to the restroom today, it's easier to carry that way and not worry about dropping it.
Oh, that shoulder holster was well made and I sold it to some other young dumb ass who thought he needed that much firepower back then. Today may be a different story.
glokrok likes this.

Last edited by Nellybelle; 04-04-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Nellybelle View Post
When I was a detective on our Sheriff's Dept, back in 1975 (about 24 Yrs. old) I saw a Indianapolis Homicide detective with the neatest should holster I've ever seen. At the time I carried a S&W model .38 in a small paddle holster "Don Hume " I think. That's a J frame Alloy with built in hammer shroud. After working on this homicide case and getting what I needed from IPD.
I went home and ordered the holster from "Jackass Leather Company" later to merge with Safariland holsters.
Well it came in and I immediately loaded my S&W model 59, 15 shot auto and two magazines with handcuffs into this new holster. I was off to solve all crime in our small town of 35,000.
At the end of the day I could hardly move. My Shoulders were so sore it was painful to brush my teeth the next day. I immediate went back to my S&W J Frame and carried it for many years. I also carried a Smith model 39 at times and even the 59 once in a while but never with that loaded down shoulder rig.

Last Year, I bought a new S&W model 638 and carry it when I'm not carrying my Solo. Both in Galco ankle holster. As often as I have to go to the restroom today, it's easier to carry that way and not worry about dropping it.
Oh, that shoulder holster was well made and I sold it to some other young dumb ass who thought he needed that much firepower back then. Today may be a different story.
wow, that is some good info my friend. talk to me about ankle carry. that doesn't drive you nuts? ive thought about it but that's about as far as I have gotten. what type ankle holster do you use and what size gun do you carry in it and have you ever kicked it down the sidewalk. ive never talked to anyone who ankle carries, interesting. heck what's one more for the pile.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:21 PM   #4

I like this one...
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:01 PM   #5

Ankle holsters are great if your gonna carry around a "hummingbird". Just kidding.
glokrok likes this.
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:24 PM   #6

I carry a Galco ankle holster for my SW model .638 also a Galco ankle for a Kahr pm9 I think. It's fits my Solo but Galco doesn't make one for the Solo.
Wear it around the house for awhile you will get use to it.
A couple of days you'll love it. I like wearing it out to dinner . No one looks at you ankles in a restaurant. I wear black socks just in case it shows but it doesn't. The restroom is great no need to worry about it at all.
Our county detective all carry ankle bug while carry Sig 226 in belt holsters.
You'll get use to it. If your going to carry s solo I will get the exact Kahr model pistol that fits Solo.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:29 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Ankle holsters don't work well......with shorts. Just saying.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:22 PM   #8

I have a Galco Jackass rig with the dual mag pouch for my Eclipse Ultra. Balances out fine and very comfortable. But you have to adjust them in. Keep the gun and mags as high as comfortable and the rig won't move around as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
glokrok likes this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:41 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Islander View Post
...only in an open carry state.
Hoffbrew and RugerLuger like this.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:08 PM   #10
Banned

Originally Posted by Islander View Post
About as good at this.

Chuck43, 2sharp2, Islander and 5 others like this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote