You Can't Be Too Cautious - Page 4 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum News > Kimber Forum Announcements

Like Tree114Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #31
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
What are the protocols to check a new member out when they join. Is it just checking an IP address one time or is it more involved because this guy flew under the radar for 10 months and he turned out to be a Nigerian with bad intentions.

It just makes me wonder how many more there are here on KT.
There are no checks on anyone that joins the forum. I only check someone out if they do something out of the ordinary or suspicious.
Remove Ads
Old 10-19-2017, 11:55 AM   #32
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
What seems odd to me is when I check who's online and I see people that have never posted one time on private messaging with other people who have never posted.

Now how do you become PM partners without ever posting one comment ? Is that big brother watching us or maybe the ATF ? God only knows but that's what seems weird to me.
That's easily explained, I belong to a forum called Illinois Carry, I have friends that also belong to it. I rarely post there and some of them have never posted, we use it to monitor what is going on with firearms legislation in the state. On occasion we will use the PM feature to keep in touch with each other.
Jflytle likes this.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:11 PM   #33

Chuck, thanks for doing the extra checking...Wingnut...good that you noticed. We never know...
Chuck43, CharlieW and DaveinNC like this.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2017, 09:00 AM   #34

I'm 31 and I didn't even know this was a thing. I've never been a fan of internet-y things so I suppose it's my own fault for not making myself aware. I mean, I know the emails saying you won some b.s. lottery you didn't play in and what have you but these guys are clearly going through some lengths by becoming a member and getting themselves semi-established as a regular on probably more sites than just one or two. I hate knowing there are people out there trying to get something for nothing but a small part of me appreciates the work they put in to do it. If they'd just apply that work to something positive they wouldn't have to screw people over....

Anyway, good catch, definitely something to look out for.
Markie and PaulWVa like this.
JohnnyDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:33 PM   #35

Remember ....If it sounds too good to be true .... it probably is.
Markie likes this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #36

One has to be careful in whatever things you are involved in today....Someone is always out there trying to mess with you. Everyone needs to be aware.....
Supertool and PaulWVa like this.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:55 AM   #37
Banned

Chuck, why do you think I'm so anal about completion dates, sending the client a tracking number and "life sharp." It's because there are charlatans out there, especially at holiday time when people are okay with buying gifts.

You're only as good as your last deal. It takes years to establish a rapport with a client, and only one foul-up to lose him.

Considering the price of a Kimber, I'm surprised we don't vet sales area threads.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #38

Here's an observation that just happened to me. I placed an ad in Craigslist for a trailer I wanted to sell and included my phone number so I could be texted. Within an hour I had two scammers text me and got me to enter a two digit code when they called only to find it was a scam to open an account with Google Voice with my phone number. I got emails wanting me to take a cashiers check and cash it, sending money back to them, etc. I finally had to remove my phone number and delete almost every email i got regarding the ad. No end to scammers, both in and out of the country. I don't trust anyone on the internet anymore. However I have made some great friends on the Internet I have met in person. Bottom line is you have to careful and keep your eyes wide open in here ...