Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum News > Kimber Forum Announcements

Like Tree183Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2016, 09:59 AM   #1
Administrator

Changes to forum management

My name is Philip, I work for VerticalScope.com. VerticalScope recently acquired kimbertalk.com and will be taking over the management duties of the forum. Your familiar moderator and admin team will be the same people helping with the day to day forum management. We will primarily manage the technical functions of the site and support the mod team. Maintaining continuity as well as the spirit of the site is important to us. This means that little about the site will change for you the user while we continue to grow the community.

Over the next few days you will notice my team mates Helena and Kyle who will be helping me with the site announcements as well as members of our support team (they will introduce themselves in the site issues section). While we get to know the landscape of the forum and how things work we will be on hand to answer questions and get to know the unique needs of this community.

I will be working closely with the Admin/Mod team on ways we can help improve the order of things here and raise the level of your experience on kimbertalk.com.

If you have questions please let me know, I will do my best to answer you all as quickly and thoroughly as I can.

-Philip
Hoffbrew and Markie like this.
Remove Ads
Old 05-05-2016, 10:06 AM   #2

Philip, thank you for the heads up. Chuck is the man! I really enjoy KT and all the members.
admin and Pops6116 like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
Old 05-05-2016, 10:18 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Glad to meet you and welcome to the forum! Let me know what I can do to help make this a smooth transition.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's

Old 05-05-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
Administrator

If you have suggestions I am all ears.
-Philip
Old 05-05-2016, 10:41 AM   #5

Originally Posted by admin View Post
-Philip
Is there a way to clean out all of the members that made one post years ago and have never logged on again ?? They joined to ask a specific question and have been AWOL since..

Trying to do a member search is a task when you have to go through thousands of names to find the one that you're looking for...
TEJASPOWER and WurlitzBurg like this.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #6

One question for Philip: Are you a shooter and if not what can we do to help you get started? Seriously, Thanks in advance for your help with one of the best sites on the net.
Pops6116 likes this.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:43 AM   #7
Administrator

I cant delete accounts or the content they posted it will riddle the database with holes. We will have a look at the current set up for site search to see if it can be improved.
-Philip
Old 05-05-2016, 11:09 AM   #8

Are you the same group that just took over managing rugerforum.net? Names look familiar. Welcome to the forum.

Mike
NRA
Amvets Life Member
Navy Vet
Old 05-05-2016, 11:21 AM   #9

My name is Philip, I work for VerticalScope.com. VerticalScope recently acquired kimbertalk.com and will be taking over the management duties of the forum. Your familiar moderator and admin team will be the same people helping with the day to day forum management. We will primarily manage the technical functions of the site and support the mod team. Maintaining continuity as well as the spirit of the site is important to us. This means that little about the site will change for you the user while we continue to grow the community.

Over the next few days you will notice my team mates Helena and Kyle who will be helping me with the site announcements as well as members of our support team (they will introduce themselves in the site issues section). While we get to know the landscape of the forum and how things work we will be on hand to answer questions and get to know the unique needs of this community.

I will be working closely with the Admin/Mod team on ways we can help improve the order of things here and raise the level of your experience on kimbertalk.com.

If you have questions please let me know, I will do my best to answer you all as quickly and thoroughly as I can.

-Philip My name is Philip, I work for VerticalScope.com. VerticalScope recently acquired gamefishin.com and will be taking over the management duties of the forum. Your familiar moderator and admin team will be the same people helping with the day to day forum management. We will primarily manage the technical functions of the site and support the mod team. Maintaining continuity as well as the spirit of the site is important to us. This means that little about the site will change for you the user while we continue to grow the community.

I will be working closely with the Admin/Mod team on ways we can help improve the order of things here and raise the level of your experience on gamefishin.com.

-Philip
Not double posting will save storage space. Just thought that might be helpful.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Old 05-05-2016, 11:27 AM   #10

-Philip
A more robust smiley set might make the site more fun. Fun sites are active sites are viable sites. two cents.gif

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)

Last edited by Insta-Gator; 05-05-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Closed Thread