HELP! Micro 9 Issues - Page 3 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2016, 02:46 PM   #21

Originally Posted by 1911mom View Post
Ok had a quick trip to the range today to break in the new M9. Flawless!!!!!
No FTF, FTE, slide locked open after last round. Ran 3 brands of ammo without a hiccup.
Seemed to pull left slightly but that of course could be me getting used to it. I ordered a Sig p938 mag last night so hopefully the pinkie rest will provide a more solid grip.
Loved it so much were picking up its twin on Saturday for hubby!😀
That's great news but I wouldn't have expected anything else with these new little guns...

Congrats on a flawless range session and congrats on the hubby getting one for himself...

Pictures of them together would be awesome..
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-29-2016, 11:30 PM   #22

Rusty, thanks for the tutorial. I ordered night sights and took the gun to the smith so I'm having him lighten the trigger, add the night sights, and make the safety easier to engage. There's a range there so I put a couple boxes of blazer 115 through it. The trigger has to be 10+ lbs and the black sights were hard to see. Still this little pistol was a dream to shoot and very accurate. Much more comfortable to shoot than my sig 938. I think because the M9 has a hair fatter grip.
RustyIron likes this.
Ricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:14 PM   #23

[QUOTE=Ricker;219129]I just bought a brand new micro 9 stainlees. I have a Sig P938, Sig P238 and an old Colt Gov 380. All are reliable carry pieces that I can compare to.

First question: The Kimber locks back on an empty mag just fine. However, with the empty mag in place the slide release will not release the slide. Is this normal? The other pistols will release with an empty mag.

The safety is easy to disengage. i like the size of the thumb safety as it's a hair larger than the colt or sigs. However, it is very difficult to engage. When the hammer is fully cocked I have to pish extremely hard to engage the safety and it moves the hammer back sigificantly. I read of a similar problem with a sig p938 and the problem seemed to be with the sear.

I'm hoping to avoid sending it back to kimber. Any ideas?[/Q
kbrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #24

[quote=kbrad;263346]
Originally Posted by Ricker View Post
I just bought a brand new micro 9 stainlees. I have a Sig P938, Sig P238 and an old Colt Gov 380. All are reliable carry pieces that I can compare to.

First question: The Kimber locks back on an empty mag just fine. However, with the empty mag in place the slide release will not release the slide. Is this normal? The other pistols will release with an empty mag.

The safety is easy to disengage. i like the size of the thumb safety as it's a hair larger than the colt or sigs. However, it is very difficult to engage. When the hammer is fully cocked I have to pish extremely hard to engage the safety and it moves the hammer back sigificantly. I read of a similar problem with a sig p938 and the problem seemed to be with the sear.

I'm hoping to avoid sending it back to kimber. Any ideas?[/Q
Welcome to KT and yes that's the way it is designed....It's working properly..
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:30 PM   #25

Originally Posted by kbrad View Post
When the hammer is fully cocked I have to pish extremely hard to engage the safety and it moves the hammer back sigificantly. I read of a similar problem with a sig p938 and the problem seemed to be with the sear.

I'm hoping to avoid sending it back to kimber. Any ideas?
Yeah... Kimber, Sig, Colt... they're all the same. You could say the problem was with the sear, if it's been honed down too far. I prefer to look at it as a problem with the hammer.

With some judicious filing, you can remove material on the hammer, resulting in a lighter engagement of the safety.

On one hand, if you go hogging at it with with a file, you'll void the warranty. On the other, if you do it yourself, it will be exactly as you want it.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:27 AM   #26
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illiniois kbrad.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:36 PM   #27

HELP! Micro 9 Issues

Judicious filing: sounds like a job for a gunsmith to me, not some guy with a set of files eyeballing things a little too much. More guns have been ruined by home gunsmith jobs than I like to imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nellybelle and cousinmark like this.
druryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #28

Originally Posted by 1911mom View Post
I ordered a Sig p938 mag last night so hopefully the pinkie rest will provide a more solid grip.
Look around on the Micro 9 forum for posts on using the Sig P938 mag with extension, it needs to be modified to fit the Micro 9, just the black extension piece though.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new Micro9. Post photos and range reports when you go out again.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:54 PM   #29

Thanks, yep, will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
druryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:01 PM   #30

I just finished cleaning my new Micro 9. I was able to release the slide with an empty magazine by pushing the slide to the rear with my left hand and pushing the slide release down with my thimb. I have a Micro 380 and the slide will go forward with an empty magazine just by pulling the slide to the rear.
The slide is harder to pull back on the micro 9. That maybe the problem with releasing the slide because of the heavier spring.

I hope to make it to the range soon to see how it works.

Last edited by b52buff; 10-08-2016 at 02:45 PM.
b52buff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
9mm safety, mico 9

Search tags for this page
issues with kimber micro 9
kimber micro 9 half cocked with safety on

kimber micro 9 issues

kimber micro 9 problems

kimber micro 9 problems issues

kimber micro 9mm problems
kimber qc issues 2016
problems with kimber micro 9
Click on a term to search for related topics.