Glock 43 compared to Kimber Micro 9? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2016, 12:58 PM   #1

Glock 43 compared to Kimber Micro 9?

Howdy, the wife got her a new Kimber Micro .380 here a few months back, and I really like her little pistol too. I am impressed with the fit and finish, and so far, it has been utterly reliable and it is quite accurate. Anyway, I am a long time pistol shooter but new to Kimbers. I have several other pistols for carry and the range, but her little .380 has me thinking about the new Micro 9. I have and like a Glock 43 for CCW. I have had it a little over 16 months now. It is boringly reliable and it too is a very accurate little gun. If I'm not carrying my Colt LW Commander in .45ACP, I usually have the G43 on me. For those of you with experience with both the G43 and the Micro 9, can you offer any comparison between the two or other info that will help me decide on a Micro 9 for myself? I know one thing for sure: The Micro 9 is a darn fine looking little pistol that sure does feel good in the hand anyway. I like the 1911 style of it...a lot. Thanks for any info in advance.
druryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-07-2016, 02:03 PM   #2

I hope someone jumps in here to help you out. I do own a Glock 43 and a Micro 9 but I am not sure I am the right person to compare these pistols for you. The 2 Glocks that I own have been very reliable but I don't especially like the trigger on either one of them. This is a quote from an article on DA/SA pistols..."Triggers on striker-fired pistols have a distinct feel. People either love them or hate them. Judging by the popularity of Glock pistols, the lovers seem to be in the majority."

So, it seems I am in the minority. I think my preference is with a SA pistol, that's why I don't like the Glock trigger or my Walther trigger. That being said, I want you to know that I am a female and have smallish hands so you probably don't have the same issue with the trigger that I have. However, I have confidence in the Glock pistols and know they will fire when I need them to, but whenever I use my Glocks on the range I come off with a sore trigger finger. I don't have that problem with my Kimbers (UC2, SS Raptor, 380Micro, 9mm CT micro). I could shoot my Micro 9 all day at the range, it's fun to shoot, it's accurate, and I am happy with it. I've only had it a couple of weeks and so far have had no problems with it. I do have a Micro 380 that I have had problems with so that leaves my confidence in using the micros as EDC a bit shaky. No failures with the M9 though, just still want more range time with it before I will feel confident about using it as an EDC.

I'm sure a lot of people will eventually jump in on here to tell you their experiences with the M9. I haven't heard any complaints about it on here so far, I think everyone is happy with the pistol, but everyone that I know who owns a Glock 43 loves their pistol too. Sorry that I could not be more informative or more technical.
druryj likes this.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:13 PM   #3

If you can hit with the G43, keep it.
If the same applies to your Colt and Micro 380, the Marshall 9 will have the same grip angle.

'Gun Knowledge' without gun experience is 'Untrained Speculation'.
---------------------------------------------------
Marshall....I don't post personal gun pictures on KT or any site, for any reason. Never have/never will. Taking IP risk is for those that choose to do so, I don't. If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice. End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2016, 02:40 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
If you can hit with the G43, keep it.
If the same applies to your Colt and Micro 380, the Marshall 9 will have the same grip angle.
The Marshall 9 title is confusing people.
Hawk likes this.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:53 PM   #5

I have a glock 43, Micro .380 and the Micro 9.
I hate the glock. Not because of 1911 vs Glock rivalry but because of the feel of the trigger(as starnovi mentioned) and I cannot hit the broad side of a barn 15 feet away from me with it. I personally find the Micro .380 and 9 to be more accurate and smaller for CC. And they are definitely more attractive than the combat all black look of a glock. Not that its a bad thing! But you seen one glock you pretty much have seen them all.
As for reliability I have had zero failures with any with any of them.
starnovi likes this.

Last edited by Mini Me; 10-07-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Mini Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:01 PM   #6

^^^^ I can't speak for confused people. You should address that concerns with Chuck or contact administration.

imo....Gun slang by gun owners is normal within hand gun, long gun, hunting and general outdoor forums, nor an exception within KT. You, I or any KT member is restricted within KT memberships Terms of Service.
starnovi likes this.

'Gun Knowledge' without gun experience is 'Untrained Speculation'.
---------------------------------------------------
Marshall....I don't post personal gun pictures on KT or any site, for any reason. Never have/never will. Taking IP risk is for those that choose to do so, I don't. If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice. End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:03 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
And they are definitely more attractive than the combat all black look of a glock. Not that its a bad thing! But you seen one glock you pretty much have seen them all.
As for reliability I have had zero failures with any with any of them.
Yep, I left that out...they definitely are way more attractive! That has a lot to do with why I keep coming back to the Kimber models...the look!
Old 10-07-2016, 04:04 PM   #8

Well, I shoot my G43 very well, I guess I am just looking for an excuse to buy another pistol...is "I want one just because" sufficient?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2sharp2, Tinman, Mini Me and 1 others like this.
druryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:12 PM   #9

Originally Posted by druryj View Post
Well, I shoot my G43 very well, I guess I am just looking for an excuse to buy another pistol...is "I want one just because" sufficient?

Yes, very sufficient as that's how most of us do our pistol buying anyway! It is a very nice pistol, and you've shot and liked the Micro 380 so I doubt you would be sorry for buying the M9! Go for it!
Old 10-07-2016, 04:14 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by druryj View Post
"I want one just because".

That is more then adequate.
starnovi likes this.

Search tags for this page
compare g43 to micro 9
compare glock 26 to micro 9
glock 43 vs kimber micro

glock 43 vs kimber micro 9

glock 43 vs micro 9
glock micro 9

kimber micro 9 vs glock 43

kimber micro 9mm vs glock 43
Click on a term to search for related topics.