Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By BWozn14k
  • 1 Post By rasconc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2017, 08:50 PM   #1

New holster just arrived from Bear Creek MWI

Just wanted to show off my new M9 Raptor pocket holster and mag holder. For those interested. She was custom built by Doug at Bear Creek Metal Works Inc in Texas. Ordered 2/24/17 and arrived by mail today.

Looks and workmanship of this front/rear pocket holster are top notch. This holster squeezes the Raptor very snug, a perfect fit. My thumb is not quite long enough to clear the holster using the thumb push off. So the holster being unbroken hangs somewhat, once in the front pocket it comes out nicely. The front pocket kinda holds it in place so the Raptor clears nicely.

He sent instructions on loosening the holster, basic Saran Wrap along with a piece of leather that can be inserted along the slide. I think I will just let it work in naturally. Don't want her getting to loose, as I like them tight.

It is a bit to large for my back pocket with jeans on, but does fit in the front pocket well. Never really had much intention of carry in back pocket. Fits perfect in my cargo pants in any pocket and looks like a wallet, definitely not a pistol. Again i am just not comfortable with her in the back pocket. So the front pocket or cargo pocket is where I will carry this one.

You can remove the leather back piece by turning the two screws out. This makes it a bit less bulky, but there is a slight bit of printing. Mostly the pistol grip depending on the cut of the pant. The other thing I noticed without the back piece on is the holster comes out with the gun. She is just to tight ATM, in need of a little wear and it should be fine. Of coarse you can hook the tab under the grip into the pocket and it comes free.

I think this one will work for me,
thanks for looking.
Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0552.JPG (1.48 MB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0555.JPG (1.32 MB, 45 views)
BWozn14k is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-23-2017, 04:23 AM   #2

Congratulations Bill, the holster looks great and so does your Raptor.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:33 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Great looking holster Bill.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:40 AM   #4

Very nice looking holster. Congratulations

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:08 PM   #5

Thanks. So far she works great.
BWozn14k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:05 PM   #6

Nice, may be too pretty to keep in pocket, lol.
BWozn14k likes this.
rasconc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:05 PM   #7

Looks very nice
Jam1965a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:02 PM   #8

Been thinking about an IWB model from him, myself. Thanks for the review.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:35 PM   #9

Originally Posted by BWozn14k View Post
Just wanted to show off my new M9 Raptor pocket holster and mag holder. For those interested. She was custom built by Doug at Bear Creek Metal Works Inc in Texas. Ordered 2/24/17 and arrived by mail today.

Looks and workmanship of this front/rear pocket holster are top notch. This holster squeezes the Raptor very snug, a perfect fit. My thumb is not quite long enough to clear the holster using the thumb push off. So the holster being unbroken hangs somewhat, once in the front pocket it comes out nicely. The front pocket kinda holds it in place so the Raptor clears nicely.

He sent instructions on loosening the holster, basic Saran Wrap along with a piece of leather that can be inserted along the slide. I think I will just let it work in naturally. Don't want her getting to loose, as I like them tight.

It is a bit to large for my back pocket with jeans on, but does fit in the front pocket well. Never really had much intention of carry in back pocket. Fits perfect in my cargo pants in any pocket and looks like a wallet, definitely not a pistol. Again i am just not comfortable with her in the back pocket. So the front pocket or cargo pocket is where I will carry this one.

You can remove the leather back piece by turning the two screws out. This makes it a bit less bulky, but there is a slight bit of printing. Mostly the pistol grip depending on the cut of the pant. The other thing I noticed without the back piece on is the holster comes out with the gun. She is just to tight ATM, in need of a little wear and it should be fine. Of coarse you can hook the tab under the grip into the pocket and it comes free.

I think this one will work for me,
thanks for looking.
Bill
That's a pretty piece of work.
DaveinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:26 AM   #10

Beautiful holster and gun...almost a shame to hide it in your pocket.
WillyD is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

bear creek pocket holsters

Click on a term to search for related topics.