First time at the range with my Woodland Night (multiple failures) - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2017, 05:28 PM   #11

I believe that is the most detailed and Longest range report I have ever read. Full disclaimer, I don't own a Micro 9, I bought a Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm which meets all my 9mm needs. I don't think oil oozing from the rails will hurt anything, back in the day we always ran them that way. These tighter Micro Carry's and Micro 9's I think benefit from more lube, IMO. I know it don't seem right but I'm pretty sure Kimber would like to hear you have tried 3 or 4 hundred rounds before sending it back but it may indeed need a trip back to the mothership. You are not the first to complain about the "chips/marks" on the ejection port so there could have been a bad batch of those but that also can be fixed.

I agree with others get those rounds fired and avoid the Holiday rush!
starnovi and ckisgen like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-09-2017, 04:21 AM   #12

Why waste your money on ammo, send it back and let Kimber use their ammo.
Tejun likes this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:53 PM   #13

Sorry to hear of your woes.

Yesterday was my first day on the range with my Woodland Night. I shot 200 of my reloads (hot SD style, 124gr FMJ) and 50 of my favored carry rounds 124gr +P HST.

The only feed failure I had was one round that failed to feel as I had failed to fully seat the 6 round magazine on a practice fast reload. Otherwise, zero failures. I did have a couple brass to noggin, but only a few.

This gun is smaller to carry than my G43 and much easier to shoot well than my PM9 or my G43.

I have another 250 to go through before it makes it to EDC status, it will be a while before my holster arrives, so no big deal.

Good luck with your gun, hopefully it will get sorted out, it is a very sweet piece.

PS - I have quite a few scuffs on my ejection port, but no bare metal. It is a carry piece, so I don't expect it to remain pristine.
ckisgen likes this.

Last edited by Weewilly; 08-13-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Weewilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #14

My Woodland Night is on its way back from Yonkers and should be here tomorrow. I shipped it to them on 9/23, so a little less than a month. Not that bad.

I called them to ask what they did. They said they adjusted the extractor (as expected) and refinished the slide.

To be honest, I was expecting them to do a little more. The slide returning to battery on its own when inserting a reloaded mag was something I wanted to see addressed. Granted, this is one of those fun problems that I couldn't replicate at will .. it would just happen randomly.

But I guess we'll see what happens after I get her back and out to the range.

Unfortunately, it'll be a few days. I'm still waiting for my hand to finish healing from my last G43 slide bite. These tiny guns, man. They're a blessing (for concealment) and a curse.

The M9 will also be competing for both attention and ammo on my next couple range trips with the addition of the new H&K P30SK I picked up over the weekend. Not being able to put any rounds through it yet has been driving me crazy.

Anyway, I'll report back once I've spent some brass with the M9 after I'm able to get it back to the range.
Chuck43 likes this.
ckisgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:46 AM   #15

Originally Posted by ckisgen View Post
My Woodland Night is on its way back from Yonkers and should be here tomorrow. I shipped it to them on 9/23, so a little less than a month. Not that bad.

I called them to ask what they did. They said they adjusted the extractor (as expected) and refinished the slide.

To be honest, I was expecting them to do a little more. The slide returning to battery on its own when inserting a reloaded mag was something I wanted to see addressed. Granted, this is one of those fun problems that I couldn't replicate at will .. it would just happen randomly.

But I guess we'll see what happens after I get her back and out to the range.

Unfortunately, it'll be a few days. I'm still waiting for my hand to finish healing from my last G43 slide bite. These tiny guns, man. They're a blessing (for concealment) and a curse.

The M9 will also be competing for both attention and ammo on my next couple range trips with the addition of the new H&K P30SK I picked up over the weekend. Not being able to put any rounds through it yet has been driving me crazy.

Anyway, I'll report back once I've spent some brass with the M9 after I'm able to get it back to the range.

Let me know if the extractor adjustment works with the chipping issues because I have had to send my Kimber Micro 9 back TWICE have them say my chipping was just "wear and tear" and best they could do is repaint the slide (which they have done twice and keeps chipping in the same spot). Shocked they didn't mention or try to adjust my extractor. Don't know what I will do if it starts chipping again. Wondering if cerakote would solve my issue as Kimber will not.
CAZT51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ftf, micro 9, woodland night