Wow, nice prices?!? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2018, 01:56 PM   #1

Wow, nice prices?!?

"Shopping" for my friend (giving him URLs, not guns!!) After much fun throwing lead down the lane yesterday, he decided on the .9mm Micro, rather than the .380 -- but he, too, LOVED the Sapphire! (So did the couple salesmen/staff I let fondle it!)

Been sweeping Gunbroker -- found this outfit. (My friend needs two -- one for here and one for his other home in FLA. I'm suggesting he go direct to some outfit selling on GB and deal direct -- and DEAL for a good price on two!)

All Prices And Quanity Are Subje

On their website:
Kimber
Micro 9 Desert Tan W/ Laser Grips and Two Mags
9mm Luger
$609.98

Kimber
Micro Desert Night
.380 ACP
$529.98

Kimber
Micro Carry
9mm Pistols
ALL Stainless or Two-Tone
$569.98

And what do I tell him to get at Joe's Mag Mania for extended mags? I tried looking around -- completely lost! He doesn't say: THIS for Kimber Micro 9mm extended -- and *I* don't know!)
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-14-2018, 02:16 PM   #2

Shopping for magazine? This is where I bought mine.

https://www.eurooptic.com/KIMBER-120...y-1200506.aspx
m9_wudlandnyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:19 PM   #3

It never ceases to amaze me the price difference from one place to the next. It just goes to show that it pays to shop around.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
Super Moderator

El, why wouldn't your friend just buy one gun and take it with him when traveling between his two houses instead of buying a gun for each house?

joes1911magmania: as his name states he sells 1911 magazines no M9 or Micro .380 mags.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:54 PM   #5

Thanks unknown-guy! (Guy?) And a note to all my long-time friends here -- I'm guessing NONE of you read my message {sob} and thought to correct me about: it ain't .9mm -- it's 9mm! Some poor new (kind!) guy had to tiptoe up to me in a private message and gently point out my mistake... Which, as I excused myself to him, is cause the .45 and .380 and . and . and . .... Ah'm jes' throwin' them periods in there anywhere!

So, I'm HEARTBROKEN none of my friends were waiting, fingers posed over their keyboards, just looking for me to post a message (or was that lookin' for me to make a silly mistake?!) (I mean, really, I posted it a whole SIX MINUTES ago -- and none of you dropped everything to run to my aid... Sheesh!

Yeah, I called my friend and he said: just write him directions about calling and trying to make a deal for two! (I suggested ask for $520, and let them pull it up. (I offered him two stores: Euro optics (thanks m9_wudlandnyt -- I'm from lawn-gyland, myself) and Sportsman Supply -- both of which are offering nice 9mm (<-- look I did it right!) at decent prices... (I was looking lustfully at their extended mags -- I actually did the "Sig mag cut-down with the Dremel" thing -- and those were, like, FORTY BUCKS! So, $23?! {sigh} Almost have myself convinced I don't need more...but at the range yesterday I was running that Uplula (what a stupid name!) just as FAST as I could! Two Micros and that lovely Sapphire Pro... I think I have about 6 mags for each. Yeah, I'll be writing a range report soon -- forgot to take ANY pix, but brought home two of my targets... Second time out with the Sapphire. What a honey of a gun! Thank you again, Arland!

Still WAY prefer the .380 (<-- right!) over the 9mm (<--that too!) -- still always leave the range thinking -- should I SELL the 9mm Micro?! Then my intelligence kicks back in and no way... Yah cain't built no armory if'n yah keeps selling the guns! (I still sometimes throw a lowish bid into Gunbroker on a 'no reserve' Micro -- if I win, cool! If not, who cares!

I also said, if which ever store he chose -- and I suggested NOT trying to play one against the other, they don't NEED to cut a break to sell them! -- refused to drop price, he should ask them to throw in two extended mags for each gun... Never hurts to try!

Last edited by Ice-and-Snow; 02-14-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SnowTao View Post
Thanks unknown-guy! (Guy?) And a note to all my long-time friends here -- I'm guessing NONE of you read my message {sob} and thought to correct me about: it ain't .9mm -- it's 9mm! Some poor new (kind!) guy had to tiptoe up to me in a private message and gently point out my mistake... Which, as I excused myself to him, is cause the .45 and .380 and . and . and . .... Ah'm jes' throwin' them periods in there anywhere!

So, I'm HEARTBROKEN none of my friends were waiting, fingers posed over their keyboards, just looking for me to post a message (or was that lookin' for me to make a silly mistake?!) (I mean, really, I posted it a whole SIX MINUTES ago -- and none of you dropped everything to run to my aid... Sheesh!

Yeah, I called my friend and he said: just write him directions about calling and trying to make a deal for two! (I suggested ask for $520, and let them pull it up. (I offered him two stores: Euro optics (thanks m9_wudlandnyt -- I'm from lawn-gyland, myself) and Sportsman Supply -- both of which are offering nice 9mm (<-- look I did it right!) at decent prices...

I also said, if which ever store he chose -- and I suggested NOT trying to play one against the other, they don't NEED to cut a break to sell them! -- refused to drop price, he should ask them to throw in two extended mags for each gun... Never hurts to try!
I knew what you meant and I know that you know better. It's a simple mistake, why would I correct you on the forum and risk embarrassing you? You're a friend and a respected member of the forum, I'd never do that to you.
Ice-and-Snow likes this.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
El, why wouldn't your friend just buy one gun and take it with him when traveling between his two houses instead of buying a gun for each house?

joes1911magmania: as his name states he sells 1911 magazines no M9 or Micro .380 mags.
Oh! Thanks Chuck that makes sense! Euro Optics sure has good pricing on mags!

I even have a gun vault in MY CAR... When I drove over to Charleston to tour the "World At Sea" (big condo building on a cruise ship -- friends of mine live on board) -- I put the vault in the car (I drove over; 6+ hours!) because no way could I carry onboard! When I got home (WAY late at night and exhausted, I forgot to have the vault key out of my suitcase, so I left the vault in the car -- decided that was actually a great idea! Put the vault key on a mini-carabiner -- ON the cable to the vault, so it's always there. Good to have. (NOT the bestest security -- but the likelihood of anyone SEEING it to think break in and see what's in it -- slim to not at all!)

Oh, and he says, he LIKES the guns. And he wants to have one in each house. {shrug} Cool.
bhunted likes this.

Last edited by Ice-and-Snow; 02-14-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I knew what you meant and I know that you know better. It's a simple mistake, why would I correct you on the forum and risk embarrassing you? You're a friend and a respected member of the forum, I'd never do that to you.
Oh sweetie, I know that! I'm just joshing! (Yes, of course, I was the wee-est bit mortified -- I'm a technical editor by trade after all -- but I KNEW my friends would be happy to jump on and tease!)

And you wouldn't embarrass me -- I always welcome advice and correction from older men! I'm 150% recovered from having been a horrid shrill feminist!! I apologize from my deepest self for having been such -- and am working the rest of my life to rescue young women from the ravages of feminism!!) You should see the warm smiles I get from my REAL appreciation when men hold the door for me: I really look at them (I SEE them) and I say "thank you! I LOVE Southern gentlemen!" Which most of them are surprised by -- both by being SEEN for doing a courtesy, and for the warmth directed at them for it! I'm teaching my friends' 12-yr-old the same stuff!) (With their blessing...)
Chuck43 and Karens like this.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:23 PM   #9

Originally Posted by SnowTao View Post
Ah'm jes' throwin' them periods in there anywhere!

So, I'm HEARTBROKEN none of my friends were waiting,
A gentleman NEVER questions a lady about her peri... punctuation.

You can use apostrophes, umlauts, ampersands, or ellipses, and we'll love you just the same.

Happy Valentine's Day.
Now carry on.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:56 AM   #10

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
A gentleman NEVER questions a lady about her peri... punctuation.

You can use apostrophes, umlauts, ampersands, or ellipses, and we'll love you just the same.

Happy Valentine's Day.
Now carry on.
And exclamation points! Lots and LOTS of exclamation points!!

(I'm actually now TRYING (oops!) to cut down on my capital lettering... It's just, I write as I speak -- and, that's ... a bit hyperbolic!) (Er. *I* am a bit hyperbolic.... )