25 Yards - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #1

25 Yards

I fired a box of reloads today at 25 yards. It was the only range available.

These 10 rounds were shot sitting resting.
SnS coated 115 gr. 4.5 WW 231 OAL 1.150. Misc brass.

Micro 9, Iron sights.

If I can put 6 there, in time I should be able to put all 10 there.

David
Chuck43, swca, Supertool and 3 others like this.

Last edited by David R; 04-09-2018 at 12:05 PM.
David R is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #2

Practice .. practice .. practice ....
Chuck43, swca and Karens like this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:16 PM   #3

I always shoot long... Makes short that much easier.
swca, PaulWVa, Karens and 1 others like this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2018, 01:43 PM   #4

Sight picture, sight alignment and squeeze the trigger gently. You'll get there!
PaulWVa and Karens like this.

Semper Fi

Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP
Kimber Stainless Micro 9mm
Old Timer 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #5

you did way better than the guys next to me last time.......i was shooting full range 25 they were at 7 ft.. a shotgun would have been tighter...many shot even missed the big paper

Last edited by Shootinit; 04-09-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:10 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
I always shoot long... Makes short that much easier.
Very true. Back in the day I was shooting some NRA Silhouette matches (25-50-75-100 yrds) and I shot a couple International Silhouette matches (50-100-150-200 meters) looong shots with a handgun. Then I went to my first Falling Plate match ...8" plates at 10 yrds ... I looked at the range and said, "Seriously?...those plates right over there??" ... "Yup, those", the guy says. I smoked the field. My first overall match win.

Sometimes it's fun to let out your inner "Quigley" and try some long range shots. On my brother-in-laws range we have a 15" plate at 200 yrds that we plink at ... might not hit it every time ... but we do hit it.
bigdog10 and swca like this.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #7

I shoot silhouette and NRA bullseye.

100 yards with a 22 pistol.

I shoot irons and scope rim fire and center fire.

Love this Micro 9!

Still getting the hang of it.

David
swca, PaulWVa and Karens like this.

Last edited by David R; 04-09-2018 at 03:26 PM.
David R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:11 PM   #8

"Reach out and touch someone"

My old school silhouette gun and a 75yrd group from sand bags.

S&W 586 (no dash) 8", with Burris 2x Target Scope and my "deer loads".
swca likes this.

Last edited by PaulWVa; 04-21-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:04 PM   #9

Originally Posted by PaulWVa View Post
Very true. Back in the day I was shooting some NRA Silhouette matches (25-50-75-100 yrds) and I shot a couple International Silhouette matches (50-100-150-200 meters) looong shots with a handgun. Then I went to my first Falling Plate match ...8" plates at 10 yrds ... I looked at the range and said, "Seriously?...those plates right over there??" ... "Yup, those", the guy says. I smoked the field. My first overall match win.

Sometimes it's fun to let out your inner "Quigley" and try some long range shots. On my brother-in-laws range we have a 15" plate at 200 yrds that we plink at ... might not hit it every time ... but we do hit it.
PaulWVa - Have you ever used your Micro 9 (assuming you have one) in USPSA matches? If so, how did it go and do you use it regularly?

I just started shooting USPSA and would like to use my every day carry (Kimber Micro .380) but the rules prohibit anything less than 9mm. I am not a real competitive person, but I see the USPSA matches as a chance to become more proficient with my handgun. It is better than standing in a stall shooting at paper targets under ideal conditions. I am using a 9mm Springfield EMP with 3"barrel. It has a 9 rd. mag which is not ideal for USPSA, but I get lots of practice changing mags on the go and the short sight radius mimics my Kimber .380's short sight radius.

I don't think many folks use their EDC firearms at the USPSA matches I go to. Even in the Production and Single Stack classes, the smaller handguns put shooters at a disadvantage, especially on the 30 ft. targets.
PaulWVa likes this.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:47 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
PaulWVa - Have you ever used your Micro 9 (assuming you have one) in USPSA matches? If so, how did it go and do you use it regularly?

I just started shooting USPSA and would like to use my every day carry (Kimber Micro .380) but the rules prohibit anything less than 9mm. I am not a real competitive person, but I see the USPSA matches as a chance to become more proficient with my handgun. It is better than standing in a stall shooting at paper targets under ideal conditions. I am using a 9mm Springfield EMP with 3"barrel. It has a 9 rd. mag which is not ideal for USPSA, but I get lots of practice changing mags on the go and the short sight radius mimics my Kimber .380's short sight radius.

I don't think many folks use their EDC firearms at the USPSA matches I go to. Even in the Production and Single Stack classes, the smaller handguns put shooters at a disadvantage, especially on the 30 ft. targets.
Funny you should ask ... I'm planning on shooting my first USPSA match in two weeks. I don't own a M9, but I will be shooting my '94 model Kimber Classic 1911, .45, in Single Stack.

I've shot a great many IPSC matches with a Colt Commander back in the day. Including being the only shooter at the '81 Nationals with a Commander length gun. Now that I'm retired and have more time to shoot I've decided to give it another go. I went to a USPSA match a couple of weeks ago just watch and see how they did things. And since they have a 55 and over Senior Class I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm not really into "race guns" so I'll be shooting a more practical class with "carry gear". Shooting your M9 would be a real challenge with some stages but hey, why not?! Shooting under the pressure of a match can only improve your skills. And it gives you the incentive to practice even more.

I love to compete and put myself to the test ... give it try ...remember you're really only shooting against yourself. Good luck!!!
Panzer likes this.

Search tags for this page

kimber 1911 holsters

Click on a term to search for related topics.