• 1 Post By smithkowitz
  • 1 Post By 427malibu
  • 2 Post By Chuck43
  • 2 Post By smithkowitz
  • 1 Post By mecooldad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2018, 11:02 PM   #1

Shell casing hung on Ejector

Went to the range today with my Micro 9 CSE . . I still cannot get over how darn accurate the little bugger is; seriously. 5 yards out, 7 rounds off-hand all touching except one. Aiming for the #8 on a body silhouette on 1st shot, and took out the bottom right side of it. Then on the second mag of ammo, it failed to return to battery. The spent casing was stuck between the slide and top edge of barrel?! Ejected magazine and popped out the spent casing. Reinserted tried it again. Two rounds later, same issue?? Tried a different magazine and ammo, and same thing after a couple rounds. The question(s) I have: Is it the ejector, spring issue, or just dirt? Anyone ever have this issue with their Micro 9 or any other firearm? It is not a stovepipe. I finally noticed the spent casing was actually attached to the ejector. Never experienced this issue with any other firearm I've owned; but did experience stovepipes with a Ruger Mk III and a couple random stovepipes with Sigs I've owned.
Masquer08er likes this.
smithkowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-28-2018, 11:10 PM   #2

With my 1st Kimber Micro .380, I had many failures to extract and eject spent rounds. Other folks have had the same problem. I sent my the firearm back to Kimber 3X. They replaced it the 3rd time back. The replacement is better, but still has a few failures to extract/eject spent rounds. I found that flat nose ammo was a major contributor to the problem, but not the only culprit. I am not sure what causes the failure. I gave up on Kimber being able to fix the problem. If yours continues to have this problem, send it back to Kimber. Maybe they will be able to fix yours.
Tejun likes this.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:27 PM   #3

Bad Ejector (Not Extractor)

Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
With my 1st Kimber Micro .380, I had many failures to extract and eject spent rounds.
I took the Micro 9 CSE apart this morning to investigate what was causing the issue with the FTE issues from the last outing. If I didn't have two of these (also own a Woodland Night Fiber Optic recent purchase), I may not have noticed the issue. But comparing the two side by side, it was blatant what happened. The EJECTOR arm which needs to be lowered to put the slide on, the forward hook piece is gone!. Apparently it cracked off. The CSE probably has a good 2500 rounds through it, some of them +P. Maybe that contributed to the issue? Or maybe it's due to the slide being racked about 25x's a week for the past 108 weeks or so, plus the 2500+ rounds being fired? It's my daily CC, so when it is parked in the car, it gets emptied and locked up when necessary. Always rank the slide 2 or 3x's to make sure it's emptied. Oh well. at least I know the issue, already have it disassembled, all I need is to order up the part and put it back together.
Tejun likes this.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:53 PM   #4

FYI: Kimber repair services would not sell me the part. Said it has to be taken to an authorized gunsmith, or sent to them to get repaired. I sat on it for a while, even though they sent me an RMA for repair immediately. Come to find out they expire after like 5 day? I waited about 2 months! Called them and they sent another immediately. I put the whole thing back together and shipped it out on 7/23, they had it on 7/25. Received an email saying it might be like 4-6 weeks, and in some cases, up to 8. Whatever, it is what it is. And then . . . today 7/30, I received a UPS delivery notification, my repair is complete and should be arriving on 8/1! ONE WEEK TURN AROUND! Holy smokes . . . that is incredible!
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:42 PM   #5

Customer service is pretty good. I sent y solo slide back for a bad front night sight. Shipped it Monday evening had it back Thursday evening.
smithkowitz likes this.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:21 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Kimber always says 4-6 weeks, if they said it would be a week and it took 8 days people would complain. If they said it will be 4 weeks and they do it in 2 weeks people praise their service.
2sharp2 and Rick in Oregon like this.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:18 PM   #7

Well, it's back and they even replaced all the springs, and polished and reamed the barrel. Next step, take er to the range for reliability test. They say they ran four test mags of 124 grain ammo, two varieties. All this for No Charge on a firearm that is 2 1/2 years old. Thanks Kimber
Chuck43 and Panzer like this.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:05 PM   #8

I had the same broken ejector issue last week. About 1k rounds through it. Same response from Kimber support. 1 week turn around, replaced the recoil spring and the guide rod. I am noticing that I can wiggle the ejector side to side a bit. Can’t say I noticed this before. Has anyone noticed this. I haven’t been to the range with it yet. Thanks
mecooldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:18 AM   #9

No problems

Went to the range yesterday. 150 rounds through the Micro 9 with no issues. Great response from Kimber customer service. Replaced the ejector, recoil spring and guide rod at no cost. Thank you smothkowitz for the pm's and thanks to John and Allen at Kimber cs.
Chuck43 likes this.
mecooldad is offline   Reply With Quote