Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Rangemeister
  • 1 Post By swca
  • 1 Post By Rangemeister
  • 1 Post By Panzer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2018, 10:03 AM   #1

Winchester STEEL??????

Got some of these cheapies at wally world recently. The Marshall 9 DOES NOT like them. At least mine doesn't. I have been shooting so much 9mm lately, had to try something cheap. By the way, the new SIG P365 is not what I thought. I have returned to my Marshall (Micro) 9
Marshall likes this.
Rangemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-29-2018, 10:12 AM   #2

I would go buy a glock and burn that crap up. I cannot get myself to run steel cased anything in my firearms!
Cucamonga kid likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:27 PM   #3

Rangemeister - I've only read glowing reports about the new Sig P365. What did you not like about it?
Originally Posted by Rangemeister View Post
Got some of these cheapies at wally world recently. The Marshall 9 DOES NOT like them. At least mine doesn't. I have been shooting so much 9mm lately, had to try something cheap. By the way, the new SIG P365 is not what I thought. I have returned to my Marshall (Micro) 9
Rangemeister - I've only read glowing reports about the new Sig P365. What did you not like about it? How is the Micro 9 better?
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2018, 06:50 PM   #4

The gun shoots fine. The concept is very good indeed. Problem is, I wanted it for carry and bedstand duty, intending to get rid of my current bedside gun. The wife is the issue. I thought the added weight of 10-12 rds would help reduce felt recoil. I was mistaken. My wife who is very recoil sensitive did not like firing the pistol. Also, I thought the gun is a bit top heavy. But, the gun shot great for me and they are very well received. I would encourage all who is interested in this gun to find a place to rent to shoot before buying. No specific complaints about the gun except the extra mags are very EXPENSIVE!

Lastly and most important, I cannot for some reason shoot a small striker fired pistol. I have tried them all and for some reason just can't get it done as well as I would like. I can shoot the M9 much more accurately and it hides just as well. I conducted a range shoot-off between the two and the M9 had better groupings at 21 and 30 feet. Funny thing, I have always been very accurate with my Solo. Weird huh?

I'll stick with my M9 or K6s for carry purposes, I can't recall in my retired life when I needed 13 rounds of ammo.
Panzer likes this.

Last edited by Rangemeister; 04-30-2018 at 08:50 AM.
Rangemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:12 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Rangemeister View Post
The gun shoots fine. The concept is very good indeed. Problem is, I wanted it for carry and bedstand duty, intending to get rid of my current bedside gun. The wife is the issue. I thought the added weight of 10-12 rds would help reduce felt recoil. I was mistaken. My wife who is very recoil sensitive did not like firing the pistol. Also, I thought the gun is a bit top heavy. But, the gun shot great for me and they are very well received. I would encourage all who is interested in this gun to find a place to rent to shoot before buying. No specific complaints about the gun except the extra mags are very EXPENSIVE!

Lastly and most important, I cannot for some reason shoot a small striker fired pistol. I have tried them all and for some reason just can't get it done as well as I would like. I can shoot the M9 much more accurately and it hides just as well. I conducted a range shoot-off between the two and the M9 had better groupings at 21 and 30 feet. Funny thing, I have always been very accurate with my Solo. Weird huh?

I'll stick with my M9 or K6s for carry purposes, I can't recall in my retired life when I needed 13 rounds of ammo.
Thanks Rangemeister for the feedback on the Sig P365. I am a 1911 fanboy, but the Sig P365 peaked my interest. Due to it's success, I imagine that by the end of the year several more gun manufacturers will be out with their version of it. I would like to see the 1911 version of it the most. That would really get my attention.
Rangemeister likes this.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote