Kimber Micro 9 Magazine - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2018, 11:32 AM   #1

Kimber Micro 9 Magazine

So, I recently picked up a Kimber Micro 9 Sapphire. The magazine is a little tight getting all 6 in and sometimes there is a FTF when racking the 1st round or on the 5th or so round... When I only load 5 in there is no issues at all.. Are there problems with the stock kimber 6 round mags?
MasseyMan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-10-2018, 11:33 AM   #2

Work the slide a hundred times by hand....then Sling shot that first round in...
chambh likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois MasseyMan83. How about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?

Old 05-10-2018, 12:57 PM   #4

Originally Posted by MasseyMan83 View Post
So, I recently picked up a Kimber Micro 9 Sapphire. The magazine is a little tight getting all 6 in and sometimes there is a FTF when racking the 1st round or on the 5th or so round... When I only load 5 in there is no issues at all.. Are there problems with the stock kimber 6 round mags?
My first outing I had a similar experience. Mine is a 7 round magazine though. I took it down cleaned and lubed it. Second time out did much better still a couple of FTE's instead of FTF's. I did notice loading the last round it wants to kind of sit nose down and i would make sure to fix that. I think as others have stated more rounds will free it up. I did use some 147gr the last outing and honestly its too much punch for such a small gun. Makes it a real handful to hold onto.
andymizunogolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:41 PM   #5

Please understand this post is my own personal preference and may not fit into your budget or thought process. So, I have always had problems with Kimber magazines. Was having the same problems as you are now. Love my Micro 9 but got rid of the Kimber magazines and went with the Sig P938 magazines. Much better magazines in my opinion when it comes to performance. Have never had any other problems with my Micro 9 once I changed magazines.

I wish you much luck! 100% Performance is essential when your life depends on it!
wayne likes this.

Semper Fi

Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP
Kimber Stainless Micro 9mm
Old Timer 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:30 PM   #6

So, I recently picked up a Kimber Micro 9 Sapphire. The magazine is a little tight getting all 6 in
JEALOUS! (Although I have a Sapphire Ultra. I want them ALL!!)

Do you have a Baby Uplula? That will let you load (and unload) the mags a bunch of times to 'work in' the spring? DOin' it by hand will ruin your thumb!
Tejun, Masquer08er and wayne like this.
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:04 PM   #7

The combination of the andymizunogolfer (green name like the 'Green Jacket') and SnowTao (gave you a 'sapphire' name, of course) posts are what I did. I still use the Uplula just because my fingers are belligerent toward me . I still check the last round to make sure it's seated right.
Ice-and-Snow likes this.

Last edited by Masquer08er; 05-10-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Masquer08er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:25 PM   #8

Originally Posted by SnowTao View Post
JEALOUS! (Although I have a Sapphire Ultra. I want them ALL!!)

Do you have a Baby Uplula? That will let you load (and unload) the mags a bunch of times to 'work in' the spring? DOin' it by hand will ruin your thumb!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdNPrDGUCRQ

Sorry El, I'm probably the only one who knows you have a Sapphire "Pro" not a Ultra.
Say Purple and click your heels together 3 times!
Ice-and-Snow and Tejun like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:54 AM   #9

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Sorry El, I'm probably the only one who knows you have a Sapphire "Pro" not a Ultra.
You know? I WROTE THAT DOWN several places... STILL can't get it to stick in my debilitated brain! (You know how a guy -- on seeing a gorgeous woman -- will stop with his beer or sandwich half way to his mouth!? Just poleaxed and dumbstruck?

Yeah, that's me EVERY time I think of that beauty!! ('cepting I don't drink beer (yuck! won't even KISS a guy who has been drinking beer!) and I don't eat sandwiches -- ( CARBS! )
2sharp2 and Tejun like this.
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:20 AM   #10

Originally Posted by SnowTao View Post
You know? I WROTE THAT DOWN several places... STILL can't get it to stick in my debilitated brain! (You know how a guy -- on seeing a gorgeous woman -- will stop with his beer or sandwich half way to his mouth!? Just poleaxed and dumbstruck?

Yeah, that's me EVERY time I think of that beauty!! ('cepting I don't drink beer (yuck! won't even KISS a guy who has been drinking beer!) and I don't eat sandwiches -- ( CARBS! )
Well you know it is only an inch difference barrel wise however I have fired them both side by side and there IS a difference between Pro and Ultra. Nothing bad IMO just different.
Tejun likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

kimber micro 9 ftf on 1st round

Click on a term to search for related topics.