Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #31

Gee and I felt harsh
Old 08-18-2018, 02:54 PM   #32

Originally Posted by WurlitzBurg View Post
Is there a condition code for carrying up the rear end?
holester (.)
WurlitzBurg likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #33

Originally Posted by Kimberleigh View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! I have looked very seriously at reviews of the Micro 9 and the Ultra. My concern with the Ultra is the takedown procedure for cleaning/oiling. Iím sure with time it gets easier but hubby and I really struggled with it initially on the Micro .380 and the Custom II that we have. (He carries the micro .380). He is good with takedown on both now but no way I could take down his Custom II. I have finally learned how to takedown the micro .380 myself and since the Micro 9 is just like it, this weighs heavily in my decision. At this point in my life, recoil is not an issue with anything I have fired so I donít think much about it. And FYI, I canít find anywhere close to us that has any Kimbers to rent. Sorry, donít mean to ambush this thread.
Kimberleigh, they do make simple tools to help break down you Ultra.

https://www.ndzperformance.com/NDZ-s...tool-combo.htm
Chuck43 and 2sharp2 like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2018, 04:50 PM   #34

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
Kimberleigh, they do make simple tools to help break down you Ultra.

https://www.ndzperformance.com/NDZ-s...tool-combo.htm
Thank you, that does seem to make takedown much easier. I am still interested in the Micro 9. I believe if I get one with a manual safety, my mind will allow me to carry it actually loaded. It will conceal easier and right now my Shield 9 does not have a safety.
JC45 likes this.
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:30 PM   #35

Originally Posted by Kimberleigh View Post
Thank you, that does seem to make takedown much easier. I am still interested in the Micro 9. I believe if I get one with a manual safety, my mind will allow me to carry it actually loaded. It will conceal easier and right now my Shield 9 does not have a safety.
The Micro 9 is harder to take down than any pistol I've ever taken down...well not the takedown, but the "back together". If you get one, look at this tool, it's a finger and cursing saver:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slide-relea...wAAOSw~3paa0RS
Old 08-18-2018, 07:08 PM   #36

Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
The Micro 9 is harder to take down than any pistol I've ever taken down...well not the takedown, but the "back together". If you get one, look at this tool, it's a finger and cursing saver:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slide-relea...wAAOSw~3paa0RS
Hubby has a Micro .380, YouTube shows the Micro 9 takedown is the same. Is that not true? Hubby and I did have a hard time the first time we took down the micro .380 but we are good with that now and without a tool.
Chuck43 likes this.
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #37
Super Moderator

Yes the take down is the same for the Micro and the M9. Instead of buying a tool you can cut a piece of doll rod, broom handle or anything else you have laying around to hold the slide open.
Bigdog likes this.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #38

piece of cake

Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:47 PM   #39

Originally Posted by JimCunn View Post
Do I understand you guys correctly, that my Micro 9 when in C1 is safe around my 2 year old grandaughter? (who is quite strong, a pint sized mechanical genius, and an adept pickpocket)
I'm a little confused as to what the point of your 2 posts are. Since I'm not an admin or moderator (just another new person on a very helpful, friendly forum) let me ask perhaps impolitely, "Why are you asking ridiculously rhetorical questions?"

Assuming you are a mentally capable adult of at least some intelligence, you know that no unsupervised 2 year old is safe around anything that could harm them. That includes, but is not limited to public streets, swimming pools, bathtubs with water in them, fireplaces, stoves, refrigerators in which they could be trapped, electrical outlets, etc., etc. So why do you keep asking?

Are you just baiting forum members? No gun (all of which are always assumed to be loaded unless verified by the person handling it) is safe with a child. Not just 1911 style, but ANY firearm.

So either ask what you want to actually know or go away. But if you're as uninformed and lacking in common sense as your 2 questions make you seem, please never supervise your little granddaughter without adult help and sell your gun legally or turn it in to the local police.
Marshall, 2sharp2, Mini Me and 1 others like this.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:43 PM   #40

Originally Posted by JimCunn View Post
My 2 year old grandaughter is a lititle mechanical genius. She is capable of defeating cocked and locked, holster snaps, and hammer thongs. She isn't strong enough to rack a slide to chamber a round. What is the best carry condition to protect her?
No offense meant Jim, but any two year old or any age for that matter that would go near my gun would get her/his little hands smacked. Gun education begins at home and that sir is "your" job to do....

Condition 1 all the way.......
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Mini Me and 2 others like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conceal carry, hammer, micro 9