Disappointing day on the range... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2018, 05:49 PM   #1

Disappointing day on the range...

Last couple days at the range I have been shooting rather good with my guns, well today I took out my Kimber micro9 CT I bought mostly to have a gun for my wife. She's shot a few times, but thought Id get it out... first my hands are to big and mostly block the laser, so shooting with sights, some rounds had good groups and where I was aiming and some good groups but low... several misfeeds, not ejector issues but bullet slides to load half out of mag. and jam.....

Really hoping just a bad day. will try again soon with different ammo... any other thoughts?
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-21-2018, 05:54 PM   #2

Sorry to hear that you had a bad range day with the Micro 9. My hands are small (woman) and I had the same problem with the laser, also couldn't get it to stay on. I ended up getting a pair of VZ Grips to replace the laser grips. I have not had any jamming issues with my micro 9 but plenty with my micro 380, which has made 3 trips back to Yonkers. If you can't get a solution on here, Yonkers is the way to go. Good luck.
2sharp2 and JC45 like this.

Heinie Lady Hawk 1911
Kimber Raptor 9mm full size SS
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Compact II 9mm
Kimber Micro 9 CTLG
Kimber Micro 380 Advocate
Sig Ultra Compact 2 tone 45 ACP
Sig P238 HD Nickel
Colt AR-15 9mm
CZ Rami 9mm
Glock 19
Glock 43
Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Pro Series C.O.R.E.
Smith & Wesson M&P 22 compact
Walther PPS M2
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:59 PM   #3

I like to think everyone has a bad range day because I know I do. I don’t know how long you have been shooting a Micro but pistols this small do require practice.
As far as the feeding problems I wouldn’t wait too long before I was calling Kimber.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2018, 06:13 PM   #4

Im willing to think the 7# pull, is more than my others and might be messing with me too...
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:33 PM   #5

Originally Posted by ThumperX View Post
Im willing to think the 7# pull, is more than my others and might be messing with me too...
I donít have a Micro 9 I have a Sig P938 and I recently replaced the trigger with a W Engineering aluminum triggers, Galloway hammer spring (12lb) and a Galloway trigger return spring. The trigger is now at 5.1lb with a shorter reset and less over travel. Iím not sure if these items are available for a Micro 9 but worth looking into.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:26 AM   #6

Originally Posted by ThumperX View Post
Last couple days at the range I have been shooting rather good with my guns, well today I took out my Kimber micro9 CT I bought mostly to have a gun for my wife. She's shot a few times, but thought Id get it out... first my hands are to big and mostly block the laser, so shooting with sights, some rounds had good groups and where I was aiming and some good groups but low... several misfeeds, not ejector issues but bullet slides to load half out of mag. and jam.....

Really hoping just a bad day. will try again soon with different ammo... any other thoughts?
Sorry to hear about your feeding issue. i believe you can alleviate the problem by polishing your feed ramp friend. the smother surface on your feed ramp will help your rounds slide up the feed ramp easier with less friction which causes the hang ups. I would do that first to see if that will solve your issue. i actually posted a video on that on my youtube channel. feel free to check it out, but all your really need is a feed ramp polish from the sounds of it.
thehobbygunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:25 PM   #7

rack it by hand a 100 times to loosen it up.
Bigdog likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #8

I chamber a round by slingshotting the slide and release. I have read racking the slide on a new Kimber 100 times a few times now. Is this slingshot racking it the way you recommend or a standard racking method (as a small woman I use the close to the body 2 handed push and pull).
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:34 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Kimberleigh View Post
I chamber a round by slingshotting the slide and release. I have read racking the slide on a new Kimber 100 times a few times now. Is this slingshot racking it the way you recommend or a standard racking method (as a small woman I use the close to the body 2 handed push and pull).
rack with nothing in it just back and forth
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
rack with nothing in it just back and forth
Oh, no, I didnít ask that question very well. I know to make sure itís unloaded, I was just asking about the method of racking and describing how I rack it by slingshotting as I do to chamber a round. But I gotcha, just rack back and forth, empty 😊
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

micro 9 shooting low

Click on a term to search for related topics.