Range Report #3 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By tommy b

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #1

Range Report #3

Went back to the indoor range today and learned a few things.First, I ran 50 rounds of Armscor 115 gr FMJ through with no problems. My micro 9 was shooting 3" high and about 1" to the left with the laser sight. I rested it on sandbags and brought it in dead on. What I learned was that you do not treat the laser as a rear sight and move it in the direction you want the shot to go. In other words, if you want the shot to move down, you don't adjust the laser down. After reading the CT booklet several times, I finally got the part that said to move the laser to the point of impact. In other words, in my case above, I adjusted the laser to move up 3" and left 1". Now it shoots dead on target. I was able to get about an inch and a half grouping in the black at 7 yards.

Next I tried shooting a box of WWB 115 gr. FMJ. In the 25 rounds I shot, I had 4 or 5 FTE's. It would always happen after the first 2 or 3 shots. When I loaded the magazine, I pushed each cartridge to the back of the magazine and after loading it I smacked the back of the magazine against my palm. What I noticed at the FTE was that the base of the next cartridge was about 1/16" or so away from the back of the magazine. What I concluded from this was that my micro 9 doesn't like WWB. So I simply won't be shooting this brand through this gun anymore. As you can see from my two previous reports, I haven't had any problems at all with other brands of ammo. Besides, I may be going to handloads and be able to tailor the cartridge to the gun.

I still think the micro 9 is a fine pistol and I'm quite happy with it. One other point, after shooting about 300 rounds through it, my trigger pull has dropped from 7 to 7 1/4# to 6 3/4 to 7#. Still a little high for my taste but I'll see what effect more shooting has on it and in the future I might do a little trigger polishing to try to get it to about 5# or a little less.

Tommy b
2sharp2, RustyIron, Markie and 3 others like this.
tommy b is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads