Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mtsheron
  • 1 Post By JC45
  • 2 Post By tommy b
  • 1 Post By JimCunn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #1

Anticipated KM9 trigger replacement

Well after doing much reading on trigger systems I have decided to go with Galloway Precision. Namely I like the performance enhancement it seems to give over just a new trigger for looks.

It helps that GP is in Fletcher, NC which is in the mountains and not far from where I use to live 4 years ago even though I moved away some 3.5 hours away. I have to be at a UAS conference in November as a panelist so I am dropping the pistol off that morning and coming back that afternoon to get it. I am thinking of also having them put in their 22 lb. recoil spring as well which supposedly enhances the whole system.

But mainly I want a less travel and cleaner break in my trigger even though the one in it is doable.

I will update in a few months on the results. I have been pumping some 147 grain FMJ through the pistol and it has been performing flawlessly without a hiccup. I did polish the feed ramp and flitzed it so the ramp is slicker than a greased toad's belly!
RustyIron likes this.
mtsheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-19-2018, 05:22 PM   #2

By "performance enhancement" do you mean that you can lighten the trigger pull with this trigger? Or is reworking the trigger/sear relationship the only way to achieve a lighter trigger pull?

Tommy b
tommy b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:17 PM   #3

Originally Posted by tommy b View Post
By "performance enhancement" do you mean that you can lighten the trigger pull with this trigger? Or is reworking the trigger/sear relationship the only way to achieve a lighter trigger pull?

Tommy b
I think from what I have read the pound pull remains basically the same but the enhancement comes in a shorter reset and a much more crisper feeling break.

Years ago I was heavily into airguns….I had some quite expensive air rifles from Germany and I had a tuning business where I would tune them and the triggers if need be to be short pull travel and a crisp break just like a thin glass rod snapping.

Same concept I hear that Galloway gives the KM9.
mtsheron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2018, 04:42 AM   #4

I recently installed a W Engineering Aluminum Trigger, Galloway trigger return spring and a Galloway hammer spring in my Sig P938 and it improved the factory trigger. My trigger has a 5.1lb pull, less take up, shorter reset and a cleaner break. I’m not sure why but Galloway doesn’t list the hammer spring for the Micro 9 unless I missed something.
Chuck43 likes this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:55 AM   #5

You're right. I wonder why they don't. I emailed Galloway Tech Support asking them why they don't provide the M9 spring. I also asked them if the Sig P938 spring would fit the M9. I'm sure a lot of you more knowledgeable members on this forum might know the answer to that but I always like to go to the source for tech info. I'll let you know what I find out.

Tommy b
Chuck43 and JC45 like this.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:08 AM   #6

I've ordered a W trigger, a Galloway trigger spring for the 938, and a Wolff reduced power hammer spring. Will post my results in a week or so.
JC45 likes this.
JimCunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:42 PM   #7

Below is the reply from Galloway.

Tommy b

Unfortunately no, Kimber went with a 1911 style mainspring housing.

---
Brandyn Langston
Lead Gunsmith

www.gallowayprecision.com.

http://instagram.com/gallowayprecision

http://facebook.com/gallowayprecision

Business hours Monday through Friday 0900 to 1700 EST.

On 2018-09-20 11:36, Thomas Brna wrote:

I know that a lot of parts for the Sig P938 and P238 pistols can be used in the Kimber Micro 9. Does this include your Hammer Spring for Sig P938 and P238 Pistols? If not, do you carry a hammer spring for the Micro 9 that will reduce the trigger pull? Thank you.