All these issues then why are you buying them?? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2018, 08:18 AM   #1

All these issues then why are you buying them??

I've been on this page for a while but mostly just read and look at the different threads. I own a Pro Raptor II and was looking at adding a Solo a while ago and more recently a Micro 9. I keep reading and hearing about all these issues that folks are having all the time.....so my question is why would I buy one? I own a Glock 43 and a Sig P938 and haven't experienced one issue with either of them and I have put 750-1000 rounds thru each. The common statement about having to use a specific ammo to get them to work is garbage.....the 2 pistols I mentioned above shoot anything, even the cheap steel junk w/o issue.
hazer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-24-2018, 08:38 AM   #2

Keep in mind that people join forums for various reasons: to learn, get information, share experiences, and complain. I think it would be interesting to conduct a survey of (long time) forum users to see how many firearms have been sent back to the manufacturer for work vs those not returned.
hazer67, Tejun and AlexTDiGiacomo like this.

TomT
WurlitzBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:46 AM   #3
wfm

After 800 rounds of every kind of ammo, I have not had an issue of any kind with my Micro 9.Could not be more pleased with it. I carry it everyday. I think sometimes people complain when there isn't really that big of an issue with their weapons. Just my opinion.
Tejun, Hoffbrew, Markie and 2 others like this.

Last edited by wfm; 09-24-2018 at 02:31 PM.
wfm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2018, 09:46 AM   #4

I believe a lot the issues people have are because the tolerances are so tight on a Kimber. If you don't have the patience to break one in then it may not be the gun for you. I have only had issues with one of my Kimbers and after 500 rds it'll eat anything, including steel and aluminium cased ammo.
Tejun, swca, Markie and 1 others like this.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:38 AM   #5

All internet forums are platforms for whining, it matters not if the object of attention is a truck, car, gun or meat grinder; there will be someone somewhere who got a lemon and is vocal about it. And every manufacturer lets a lemon slip by occasionally.

I may have a benevolent star shining down on me, as I've never had to send a weapon back to the manufacturer in all my 'gunny years'. I own 8 Kimbers (and beaucoup others) and have not had an issue with any of them.....zip, nada, nuthin'.

I'm about convinced now that most Kimber whining is from not properly lubing and breaking in the weapon as put forth in their factory manual. My Kimber pistols will digest anything I feed them, and we're taking .22LR, 9mm and .45 ACP.

I'll wager that the whiners are in the minority, as most here are dedicated Kimber lovers, and if the brand had systemic problems, there would be no Kimber lovers, right?
Chuck43, hazer67, Tejun and 5 others like this.
Rick in Oregon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:16 AM   #6

I still have and plan to keep every Kimber I have purchased. Run flawlessly, look super cool and I get to be on this forum.

What else is there?
bigdog10, Tejun, Markie and 2 others like this.
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:41 AM   #7

Have a micro 9 with a crooked sear, bad crown and magazines jump out when I fire it. I tried to fix the sear. Then I sent it back. Warranty denied, pistol had been worked on by a third party.

I bought a sig 938 sear and installed it. I bored the barrel from the front until I got to good rifling. (rifeling?) .

I hold the 7 round mags in with my pinky under the bottom. They do not fall out.

David

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
David R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:56 AM   #8

Originally Posted by David R View Post
Have a micro 9 with a crooked sear, bad crown...
David, how did the piece get into that condition? You did not say it was new.

TomT
WurlitzBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:56 AM   #9

Purchased new.

David

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
David R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:35 PM   #10

Why do people buy Micros?

A. 1911 style
B. Not plastic
C. Single-action trigger

Whether the gun actually works or not isn't much of a consideration at time of purchase. Most folks generally hope/assume it will.
Markie and vortex360 like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote