Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By Shootinit
  • 1 Post By Thumper1734
  • 2 Post By Chuck43

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #1

Micro 9 CDP LG; Reassembly

OK. Brand New. I have hundreds of weapons (Including Kimber 1911's) and this one even w/ instruction book and You Tube hates me!

First Reassembly. Got the spring with about as much tension as one my pickup truck back in. Slide on. Slide moved rear after holding "Slide Ejector" down. Slide over Slide Ejector to rear of gun and released. Moves forward.

Move the slide rearward about 1/8th inch to insert slide stop into slide stop hole. (Slightly just until you feel resistance) Align semicircular tab on back of slide stop.. Carefully turn slide stop until it fully seats and turn up. This is where it stays!!! Slide will not go forward and recoil spring guide rods sticks out in front about 1/2 inch!!! Of course as I am doing this the You Tube is telling me how quickly this Kimber can be field striped and reassembled!!!

Ideas? Video? Tips?
Thumper1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-04-2018, 01:02 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Thumper1734. When you inserted the slide stop you missed the barrel link. Remove the slide stop and reinsert it going through the link.
2sharp2, PaulWVa, wayne and 2 others like this.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:08 PM   #3

Cucamonga kid likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Thumper1734. When you inserted the slide stop you missed the barrel link. Remove the slide stop and reinsert it going through the link.
Well I will be DAMNED. I had never seen this Plastic Tool! Have something similar for Kimber 1911 but NOTHING in the Manual or You Tube showed this. THANK YOU. Do you have a link where I can get it??? Again, I really appreciate your fast, simple answer.
Shootinit likes this.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:28 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Thumper1734 View Post
Well I will be DAMNED. I had never seen this Plastic Tool! Have something similar for Kimber 1911 but NOTHING in the Manual or You Tube showed this. THANK YOU. Do you have a link where I can get it??? Again, I really appreciate your fast, simple answer.

If you really need something like that just measure the length and cut a piece of doll rod, broom stick, plastic or even a piece of scrap wood.
427malibu and Bigdog like this.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
If you really need something like that just measure the length and cut a piece of doll rod, broom stick, plastic or even a piece of scrap wood.
Measure the length of what?
tommy b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:55 AM   #7

I find it easiest to insert the slide stop pin in the slide and through the barrel link BEFORE moving the slide back to the half moon. Once that link is captive the barrel stays in place, and the slide stop drops in effortlessly. No dowel or plastic stop blocks required.

As you, I mis-assembled my Micro 9 a number of times before stumbling onto this “pin first, then move slide” trick. I even considered buying that little plastic jobby as well. Glad I didn’t!
markr6754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:37 AM   #8

Well. I sat it aside and read all of your threads which I really appreciate, That said, I finally reassembled this weapon after a week! I have no idea how. I will say that out of 30-50 guns, including Kimbers, this is the single WORST reassembly experience in some 68 years I have been around firearms. None of the methods above were surefire and I just cannot tell you how the hell this weapon finally went together.

Have I really lost my touch or will this loosen up after a few rounds? While very appreciative of your responses, videos and instructions manuals I am left with a felling that this weapon is best left as a clean, never fired Closet Queen. I sure as hell don't want to go through this again! Operator error? Maybe but I have a lot of experience.

Please continue with the responses and comments which are the only reason I haven't sold this weapon un-fired.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:35 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Other then the fact that you failed to engage the barrel link when you inserted the slide stop first time you reassembled the gun I don't understand the problem you're having. You say you own 1911's, other then having to depress the "ejector" when reinstalling the slide the Micro 9 assembles exactly like a 1911.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Thumper1734 View Post
Well. I sat it aside and read all of your threads which I really appreciate, That said, I finally reassembled this weapon after a week! I have no idea how. I will say that out of 30-50 guns, including Kimbers, this is the single WORST reassembly experience in some 68 years I have been around firearms. None of the methods above were surefire and I just cannot tell you how the hell this weapon finally went together.

Have I really lost my touch or will this loosen up after a few rounds? While very appreciative of your responses, videos and instructions manuals I am left with a felling that this weapon is best left as a clean, never fired Closet Queen. I sure as hell don't want to go through this again! Operator error? Maybe but I have a lot of experience.

Please continue with the responses and comments which are the only reason I haven't sold this weapon un-fired.
try it when your tool arrives..
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote