Micro 9 - 7 round mag drops while firing - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Vulcannut

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #1

Micro 9 - 7 round mag drops while firing

Hello. Today while firing my Micro 9 both of my 7 round mags (2) seem to get released between rounds. Now I thought it was my grip and did adjust it but still it seemed both mags would drop after a couple of rounds.

I had no issue with my 6 round mag.

I thought I had seen posts on this issue but canít find them. Anyone else have this problem. I plan on going back to the range and trying again . I had this gun for just about a year and havenít had this issue prior. I shoot it maybe once a month as itís not my carry piece and just gets shot for fun currently. As I donít shoot it often it could me and I need to work on my grip more.
Vulcannut is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-26-2018, 05:19 PM   #2

IS the catch sticky?
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:30 PM   #3

Read this thread.

https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/ki...lling-out.html
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2018, 01:10 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
IS the catch sticky?
Doesn’t appear to be. That said I took of the grip panels and cleaned and slightly oiled the relase the best I can without taking it apart. Went to the range today and same issue even shooting one handed. So I am confident it’s not my grip.

I called Kimber today and they issued an RMA. I plan on dropping it of at the UPS distribution center tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
Thanks for that. I went through the thread. I didn’t see anything there On how to fix it othan send it to Kimber which is happening tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Vulcannut; 11-28-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:34 PM   #5

Update if anyone is interested. Shipped to Kimber on Wednesday 11/28, arrived 11/29, shipped back to me Tuesday 12/4, arrived at my house 12/5. So first let me say wow they don’t mess around.

The reports shows they replaced the mag release and tested 4 mags through it with no issue. They also replace slide stop and spring as a “courtesy”. Not sure why but works for me.

Can’t get to the range until Sunday but I can tell that when inserting the magazine it’s not the same. When the mag hits the release catch you can tell. Prior there was very little resistance.

We will see.
Chuck43, Bigdog and mtsheron like this.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:07 PM   #6

Hope they solved the issue, Great CS.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:09 AM   #7
mxl

I solved same issue by installing a stronger spring in the mag catch.
mxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:02 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Vulcannut View Post
Update if anyone is interested. Shipped to Kimber on Wednesday 11/28, arrived 11/29, shipped back to me Tuesday 12/4, arrived at my house 12/5. So first let me say wow they don’t mess around.

The reports shows they replaced the mag release and tested 4 mags through it with no issue. They also replace slide stop and spring as a “courtesy”. Not sure why but works for me.

Can’t get to the range until Sunday but I can tell that when inserting the magazine it’s not the same. When the mag hits the release catch you can tell. Prior there was very little resistance.

We will see.
How’d the range test go? I’ve got the same problem with my new M9SS and am scouring the Internet for threads to see how it’s getting resolved. I expect it’ll require a trip back to Kimber though as I don’t want to do anything that would void the 1 year warranty status.
TexasPatriot59 is offline   Reply With Quote