Micro 9 vs. Ultra II - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2018, 08:45 AM  

Welcome from NY
Old 12-25-2018, 07:00 AM  

I have both and agree with an above comment. The Micro is a good gun and I have had zero issues with it. You do need some range time to hit on target with it quickly. Itís a snappy little gun. My Ultra Carry II was great right out of the box. Easy to shoot and accurate. I carry the Ultra OWB when I need a coat. micro goes in the pocket when itís shorts day or going out with no coat. Both are super guns.
JC45 likes this.
Old 12-25-2018, 07:20 AM  
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Tihsepa, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?

Old 12-25-2018, 07:27 AM  

I'm looking at a Ultra Carry II in 9x19mm (two-tone). I now have the same pistol in .45, but I keep getting warnings from doctors about "jolting."

I'm familiar with the gun, I can even keep the holster.

I consider these defensive tools, so I cannot let love or loyalty decide on keeping both. Besides I have a metric ton of .45 ACP, so I have some trade bait...
Old 12-25-2018, 01:43 PM  

I have the Micro 9. It shoots fine and is very accurate, but then I have spent a lot of time shooting pistols of all types. Unlike some others I don't think the Micro 9 is necessarily harder to shoot accurately, but..

It is not a 1911, and 1911's triggers by virtue of their design pull straight back. The Micro 9 trigger is hinged at the top and while it has the appearance of a 1911 trigger, it does not pull straight back...almost, but not quite. Inexperienced shooters tend to pull the muzzle down when shooting fast, partly because they are jerking the hinged trigger, which creates a downward tendency in the muzzle.

I love my Micro 9, but if I knew then what I know now, I'd buy an Ultra instead...any Ultra I could afford, even if it was the lowest priced "edition". I would, however, buy it in 45, which I prefer as a defensive round.

If I were you, I'd go somewhere where I could handle and try the triggers on both. There are other pistol manufacturers who make plainer 3-3.5" 1911's for a little less $$ than the Kimber. I'd handle those too.

The question you're asking of "why pay more" is one only you can answer.
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:31 PM  

I just traded a Micro 9 for a Ultra stainless ii in a 45..... I originally bought the micro for my wife, she doesn't like shooting. I don't like shooting it, and here how I feel... The micro 9 is a pocket gun size and has a 7lb trigger pull. The Ultra actually has a shorter barrel but larger frame aka larger to hold (much better for me) and has the 4-5 lb. trigger pull and you can feel the difference.
My opinion, and preference, but to each his or her own......
Bigdog likes this.

Tags
kimber micro 9, ultra raptor

Search tags for this page

micro 9 vs ultra carry

Click on a term to search for related topics.